Father & Daughter

Father & Daughter

A Story by CPX
"

This is just something I had sitting around

"
It was a warm summer day.  A young girl ran down the beach.  The girl's hair was up in two buns, the water was up to her ankles, and she was laughing as she ran.  Not far behind the girl was her father.
The girl's father wore a black hat, a green t-shirt, and a pair of black pants.  He smiled as he watched his daughter play.  He was glad to see that she was enjoying herself.
The girl stopped and called to her father to come over.  Her father walked over quickly and asked her why she called to him.  She then gave the motion that she made when she wanted to be picked up.  Her father smiled at her and squatted down to pick her up.  He lifted her up and put her on his shoulders.
While on her father's shoulders she laughed because she felt so high up.  Hearing these laughs made the girl's father smile more.  The girl's father looked out to the ocean.  His daughter did the same and her face was filled with awe as she looked at the flawless ocean.
Her father then pointed out to the ocean and told her to look.  She looked at where he was pointing and then saw 2 dolphins playing.  Her father could feel her excitement.  He could tell that she wanted to jump down and go to the dolphins, but he made sure she did no such thing.
Her father then began to walk down the beach again.  After a little while of walking he could feel his daughter begin to fall asleep on his shoulders.  He began to walk in land.  He lifted his daughter off his shoulders and sat her down by a tree.  He sat down next to her and put his arm around her.
He felt her snuggle closer to him.  If had been a long time since he had felt this happy and so at ease.  He closed his eyes and smiled wishing that it could stay like this forever

© 2015 CPX


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on May 3, 2015
Last Updated on May 3, 2015
Tags: father, daughter, beach, normal, family, happy

Author

CPX
CPX

PA



Writing