Tales Of Ancient Greece : Hunting Centaurs

Tales Of Ancient Greece : Hunting Centaurs

A Story by Cynthia Wolff
"

Deep in the forest, Greece, 56 B.C.

"
In the thick of the forest, when the fog had cleared, what stood in noble silence was the last of the centaurs. His strength and grace left Atreus in awe as tales of terrifying flesh eating murderous monsters flashed in his mind. All lies, laid upon the foundation of fear. So with great respect and shame, he put down his bow and arrows and as he turned to leave the poor centaur in peace, his foot snagged something in the bushes.
Before he knew what happened, he was hanging upside down from a tree by a rope snare.
This immediately alerted the centaur who cautiously approached.
"Please help me down." Atreus pleaded, his voice filled with panic. 
The centaur stared for a moment then whistled loudly. Soon, a half dozen centaurs arrived with excitement on their faces.
Then, with his chest puffed out with pride, the largest of them announced. "I told you my trap would work. We're having meat tonight!" He bellowed, licking his lips.

© 2023 Cynthia Wolff


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The Centaurs - half man, half horse. Another well told story from you, C. I suppose the moral of the story is to never let down your gaurd among a monster with a reputation for being murderous.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Cynthia Wolff

1 Year Ago

Exactly :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 28, 2023
Last Updated on February 28, 2023
Tags: ancient greece, greek, centaurs, murder