Prolouge

Prolouge

A Chapter by Cait
"

How the story starts basically.

"

 

I stared up at the dark house before me. It was two stories high, with a wrap around veranda and a balcony on the second story. It was made of chocolate brown coloured bricks. Trees dotted the front yard. Despite the warm weather, I shivered. Something about this house – or rather a person in it – made me feel uneasy.Mum gave me a reasurring smile as she picked up my suitcase and headed towards the front door. I trailed behind her. Mum knocked on the door. No-one answered. I felt relief wash over me.

"They're not home," I said with a happy sigh. "You'll have to take me with you."

Mum frowned, "No, they..."

Just then, the door opened and my aunt and another man stood there.

My aunt gave me a warm smile and a hug.

"It's great to see you!" She said, ushering us inside.

We followed her and the man into a large living room.

"You make youself comfortable Jaymie, you can talk to Peter if you like. Your mother and I are going to talk in the kitchen." My aunt said.

Her and my mother made there way into the kitchen. I sat down on the couch, and Peter sat on an arm chair.

Something about him made me scared. I wasn't sure whether it was his smile or the way he looked at me, but I was terrified.

"Hello Jaymie," he said with an evil smile.

 



© 2008 Cait


Author's Note

Cait
This is still a working progress, so I haven't done much editing ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
em
its really good so far, I like your description of the scene. I would love to read more

Posted 15 Years Ago


I agree with Forist.johnson. This really drew me in. It's well written, and very good. The end of the prologue makes me want to read on and find out what happens to her.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love it. It drew me in by sentence one, and made me dying to read more. Keep writing, kudos to you.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 4, 2008
Last Updated on August 6, 2008


Author

Cait
Cait

Australia



About
I am a 13 year old girl from Australia. I love to write, read and ride horses! more..

Writing
Livvy Livvy

A Book by Cait


Camping Camping

A Chapter by Cait


My Wishes My Wishes

A Poem by Cait