Flick of your wrist

Flick of your wrist

A Story by CaitlynMarie

Just a flick of the wrist, that’s all it takes. You spoke those words many times. This time you put action to your words. You flicked your wrist and swallowed them. you slowly let the life drain away. Your soul slowly crawled out and the darkness in your eyes took over. Everything strong about you started to fade. You laid there in the same spot.

 

I approach the door, excitement rushes through my veins as it always does when I hang out with you. You are the sister I never had. i open the door and my knees buckle. I hit the floor. Every part of my body is shaking. The floodgates open and tears pour out. my heart and soul pour out through the tears I am shedding. I haven’t moved, I am frozen, my body stoned in the same position.

 

You have found your happy place. You got what you wanted. The pain has ended. The emotional and physical pain is gone. You can breath without the devil in your ear. You have found the release. You have found the key to breaking off the restraints. You will no longer shed a single tear. You have been freed.

 

As I sit in this empty room staring at the life you built, the pictures of your happiness and posters of your passions, I silently smile to myself, only for a brief moment. As the smile fades, the tears come rushing to the front, I try and choke back the tears. Its been one week since I lost my best friend. With every passing day I sink lower into this bed.

 

Tomorrow I have to face everyone. I have to try to hide the hurt, to hide the pain in my eyes. I have to tell them how you're happier now, this is what you wanted all the pain is gone. I have to tell them you’ve wanted out for so long. i have to listen to their condolences and apologizes. I have to tell those three men, how you really felt. I have to face people I wasn’t ready to face.

 

There is good to come of this, ill be publishing your work, under the pen name you wanted. I promised you that. I kept that promise. Everyone will see why I was so in love with your writing; your gift. Ill frame your certificate of publication and first copy. Your writings will live on even when you could not.

 

You were my sister, rock, superhero and best friend. You meant the world to me. you were everything good to me. you were my strength when I had none. I miss you with everything I have, more than words could say. 

© 2014 CaitlynMarie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on July 12, 2014
Last Updated on July 12, 2014

Author

CaitlynMarie
CaitlynMarie

toledo , OH



About
Writing has always been my outlet to express myself. My feelings, loves and emotion. My desires and biggest dreams. I recently began writing again. I love dogs, they are my other passion. more..

Writing
Control Control

A Poem by CaitlynMarie