Open arms

Open arms

A Poem by Caleu Andrade

It's the wax and the wane that drops the sword.

The howl of the hungry wolf in the high grounds as the moon draws the blood that stains the memory and pierces the heart.

Take a bow, as the knife strikes the throat.

Honor and pride one in the same as the sand man calls for you.

A lie for a truth, a truth for a bribe. It's the way we speak that truly embattled the warrior's gun.

Finger on the trigger as the crescent hammer imprints a name.

Breathe, it's the focus, the view that has captured you in this whirl wind of what if's and I don't knows.

Cracks in the door as the screams muffle down the barrel of a custom silencer.

Pray to God that had brought you the freedom and speech you so blindly parade.

Creature of the night, my eyes glow red with the very stripe and banner that tuck the metal bed into the dirt.

Took a trip to stars only to find a pre made set of all the lies ingrained into me.

Love, a blink of poke from a stranger in the same room that we'll never meet.

Discomfort in the frame as you request the acceptance you lost in yourself.

The crosses laugh as the f*****s march the truth.

Open the good book, as you take word from a third person, sifted through the grader like a TV dinner custom tailored to your lack of accepting that God has no thrown in the stars.

Close your eyes as the believer takes aim.

In the name of God you say.

The compelled shuffle
through the temple with granite walls the tithing will give you peace.

Working to be clean, barely able to clean our streets as you preach from the pillar of rapist, inviting your children to sit next to a moral upstanding figure.

Did I say I say to much?
Or have I not said enough.

Open your eyes, see the humanity standing in front of you.

For the time has come, we either embrace now or fall off the cliffs of our lack understandings.

© 2014 Caleu Andrade


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on October 25, 2014
Last Updated on October 25, 2014

Author

Caleu Andrade
Caleu Andrade

NV



About
Man Within, "Where I've come from doesn't matter. What does is that I'm now here." Caleú Andrade Frazier I'm a producer currently working on my first Private Sundance film. A military.. more..

Writing