When I go

When I go

A Poem by Caleu Andrade
"

Some Men are born with a a gift,Some men are blessed with a dream, some men are given riches and some men are destined for reality.

"

When I go time will stop, forever locked on the hour my heart broke and my mind snapped.

When I go my words will bleed into the cracks of this old house where my demons would tease my reality with visions of a forgotten time.

When I go my past will no longer hold me down the anchors will drop and my ship will forever roam the sea of life. Empty of passengers it will float into the horizon where it shall sink into the bosom of my creator.

When I decide my fears will be set free no longer needed to hold me down to a life of sadness I my inner light will rise into the sky where a shooting star will capture my flightless broken winged shell of a beast that roamed my halls.

When the sun falls on the fourteenth day of my twenty seventh year I shall soar.

I will sing with the angels.

I will play with on the stage of memories forgotten song.

I will dance with freedom no longer tied to the nightmares of my childhood I shall see my future unfold in the arms of a young soul.

Through his eyes,

from his lips,

past his ears my words shall flow into your rivers.

Hear the trumpets they call my name with golden harmony they sing me to sleep.

Wanted to see the truth.

Wanted to believe.

Wanted to become.

Wanted to bloom only to be snuffed out by my greed to control everything I touch.

A king I was.

Riches I held.

My fountains flowed with purity.

Diamonds worth the amount of dirt my hands have held.

I slaved to save.

I slaved to desire.

I slaved to be, only to be whipped into nothing.

When I go tears shall not fall for my work will be done.

My words etched in stone they will survive the testament of time a guide for the searchers who have lost the answers to life.

The why.

The reason.

The when.

Just a clue to the truth buried deep in my heart.

We hurried.

Without smelling the brush.

We glanced without offering the hand.

When I go I shall be free.

© 2008 Caleu Andrade


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
Added on March 11, 2008

Author

Caleu Andrade
Caleu Andrade

NV



About
Man Within, "Where I've come from doesn't matter. What does is that I'm now here." Caleú Andrade Frazier I'm a producer currently working on my first Private Sundance film. A military.. more..

Writing