Her New Beginning, Chapter One

Her New Beginning, Chapter One

A Chapter by Embers-Rising

It’s been six years since I’ve spoken to any other person.

I don’t talk to people, I don’t touch people.

These unknown people are trying to help me. They have been for six years.

But there have been no new results.

I sit here and twist the ring I'm wearing. I’m in this office that looks identical to each other office I’ve been to, except one thing is different.

This photo,

I grab it off the desk.

I tilt my head to the left as I inspect the picture.

There are 3 people. 6 eyes, 6 hands, 6 feet, 30 fingers, 30 toes, and 3 lips. 1 female. 1 male and 1 infant.

The infant is cradled in the mother’s arms. The father has his left arm around his wife; they both are wearing wedding bands, to unite them. He is kissing her.

I wonder what it is like to kiss someone.

But that I shall never experience.

I hear footsteps.

I slide the framed photo back on the desk.

I stare at my lap as the door opens.

Then the door closes.

And a man walks over and sits in the seat right across from me, the desk between us.

“Hello Ms. Harris, I am Dr. Williams.”

I glance at his hand held out in front of me, he’s the man in the picture, he’s wearing the same metal ring as the man in the picture, but he’s much older, his hands are now more wrinkled. Then I look back to my lap.

1...2...3...4...Seconds and then he drops his hand.

1...2...3...4...5...6 more seconds and he sighs.

“I’ve been told you don’t appreciate interacting with people.”

I can feel his gaze on me.

“I’d like to help you,” he says very slowly as if I don’t understand.

They all say that “I can help you. Let me help. If you would just try to listen.”

“I have a couple things to go over with you; how old were you when the accident happened?”

1…2…3…4…5…6…7…8…Seconds pass. Dead silent except the sound of him breathing.

“Please,” his voice is louder, “Let me

I slam my hands on the desk, interrupting his words and startling him. I push myself out of the chair.

I walk over to the closed door and freeze in front of it. I’m blinking at the closed door.

1…2…3…4…5…6…7…8…9…10…11…Seconds, gone as if they were never needed.

“I have an opportunity for you,” he says, “A gift, I’m offering you.”

He stands up and walks around the desk. His hands clasp behind his back.

“Ms. Harris, I’m offering you, freedom.”

I am a china doll falling.

Staring at the earth below me, knowing it will destroy me, knowing that this world we call home is going to ruin me, to shatter me into a million pieces, only then the pieces will burn to ashes that will be blown away by the wind.

I turn to him and stare at his shoes.

He must be lying.

Why do I care?

I don’t.

“Please sit back down,” he says.

I drop into a crossed leg sitting position right here on the floor.

I hear him sigh.

He crouches down.

“Ms. Harris,” he says, “I know you have been sent to several different psychologists and doctors and I know every single one of them gave up on you, but listen to me Ms. Harris, I am not going to give up on you. I know you’re not insane.”

Then you know wrong.

“I know there are reasons you struggle to share your emotions with other people,”

I have no emotions.

“I’m here to learn those reasons” he continues, “but my ways to do so might be a little different than your other doctors. I am going to give you a chance to meet someone close to your age; he’s going to help you also.”

He pauses then ads, “You’re going to meet my son.”



© 2016 Embers-Rising


Author's Note

Embers-Rising
So I haven't been on WritersCafe in a while, figured I should probably update this book.
I apologize if there are still grammar mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It seems that I somehow hadn't noticed you added a new book. And wow, you have improved a lot since the last time I read something written by you. This is really well written, with a very personal and unique style.

Really interesting story, I'm off to read the next chapter.
You got me hooked, well done!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Embers-Rising

8 Years Ago

Thank You! :)
I'm glad you liked it!



Reviews

It seems that I somehow hadn't noticed you added a new book. And wow, you have improved a lot since the last time I read something written by you. This is really well written, with a very personal and unique style.

Really interesting story, I'm off to read the next chapter.
You got me hooked, well done!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Embers-Rising

8 Years Ago

Thank You! :)
I'm glad you liked it!
Short but intriguing. I'm curious to read more.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Oh my gosh! Kiki this is amazing! I am 100 % intrigued and I seriously can't wait to read more! Proud Aunt status right now!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashley Renegade

8 Years Ago

When are you going to post more?!?
Embers-Rising

8 Years Ago

Um, maybe in a couple hours, I have to go through chapter two to make sure I didn't forget or mispla.. read more
Ashley Renegade

8 Years Ago

Yay!!! I'm excited!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 22, 2015
Last Updated on May 31, 2016


Author

Embers-Rising
Embers-Rising

About
"It's easy for people to joke about scars if they've never been cut." -William Shakespeare "Some people think that to be strong is to never feel pain. In reality, the strongest people are the ones wh.. more..

Writing