I

I

A Chapter by Raining Soda

"A murder", I whispered to myself as a cold chill ran up my back and into my bones. I stood in the public garden staring and trembling at the corpse that laid infront of me. The body laid there and wished for pity wished for someone to be there when it died. Alas, the dead cannot wish. I hesitantly grabbed the gardening gloves to brush away the leaves from its quiet face. My eyes widened with disgust. half of the human head was clawed open my some disastrous animal and bugs of all kind began colonizing the inside of the skull.  I looked away as the stench began to explore the inside of my nose. I Sighed and stared as I grabbed the watering can and began watering the roses. Suddenly, i hear the leaves crackle behind me and i swiftly turn my head ready to fight. 
    "My, my, Evolene, what in bloody hell has happened here? Its seems to have happened again. These creatures are getting more powerful each day, I wouldn't be surprised if the human race soon became ex-"
   "Extinct?", I Interrupted.
   "Yes, Yes", Father looked around the garden and shaked his head a few times. Then it began silent as he gazed upon the roses that were close to being blossomed. I Stared back at the rotting body with great disgust. Then I saw it. That sign. On the body's neck was carved sharply a sign. It was an eye. On days where I had nothing better to do I'd always go to the library and over hear the librarian telling little children about these creatures. I remember the librarian talking about these signs that meant different things in the other world.  I Blinked and stopped for a bit, then placed the watering can down gently and turned to Father with out a word.
   "Very well, I'll call the police you pack up the gardening tools into the cart and i'll meet you in the church hall." The father walked towards the road to the church and stopped t adjust his glasses. A slight whisper from him said "Oh...what the world has become..." and continued walking.
  I began watering the roses again while I felt the corpse just stare at me. The corpse was a human, of course. What else would it be? Everyone dies in this world, except the people who are worth dying for.  
     My name is Evolene Natas. I was found in front of the Church's door holding a small pink umbrella standing in teh freezing rain. No one knew who I was until they recieved a letter that came 2 weeks after my mother's death. The letter concluded my name and that my mother would have committed suicde the time I've read this.
The letter was placed on teh Church's door handle this morning. The letter was very long and very scary. The letter was from my mum. It declared that she was going to commit suicide this morning and that my father has died from a Creature attack. She said she never told me anything. She said that i'd remember everything about her. She said I would never forget my dad. She said I had a wonderful taste in music, great imagination, and I knew how to ride a bike. I said, "She's wrong".
  I knew nothing about orphans then, I had no idea who i was. I has no idea how I began. Father raised me up to be smart about the world. Speaking of the word "World". Its a very frightening word. The world is so big...filled with unwanted things and greedy people. I don't live in any other world. I live in a world I like to call Hell. I live in a world where things that would only be found in fairy tales and horror movies are real. A few years ago the human race has discovered mysterious events and people. Humans that have abnormal powers or appearances. They weren't called humans, they were rather called creatures. They had magnificent power rather than humans. They could jump higher than humans, think faster, move faster, heal faster, kill faster, be stronger, they were higher than the food chain itself. The first creature discovered was put into custody by the American government and he went into questioning. Soon after the incident, many more of these sightings seem to appear. So, It seems almost normal to find a human corpse anywhere.  There were people who tried killing these creatures. None of them really survived because of their magnificent power. No matter what technology we have, they will still win. People could, yes, sign up for the job, but they won't be able to sign the contract when they lay in their coffins a bit too soon. Its a very horrid place out here. Though, I still wonder, if they could over power the human race, why aren't they doing it?
    I grabbed the tools and placed them in a cart. I walked straight along the dirt road towards the church  pushing the screeching cart. The wheels were so rusted and old it almost sounded as if it were crying. The sun quickly disapered and the shadows began to grow along the bottom of the trees. I tried to quicken my pace and the wheel unfortunately gets stuck in a hole.
   "Uhhg...", I knelt as the wheel and tried nudging and digging it out. It was no use no matter how I pulled. I looked up at the almost dark and dreary sky as the stars begin to wake. Suddenly, the metal buckets and cans of paint along with the gardening tools began to clang together. It made an awful sound that seem to have grown louder as it began to clang longer. My hair stayed in place as it began to clang. My eyes widened; I began to stiffen at the thought. The things banged together, but there was no wind. 
   The sound stopped and I closed my eyes attempting to open them. There was nothing but silence and the blow of the soft wind. I opened my eyes after a few seconds and raised my head slowly at the sight I saw. Thoughts in my head said, "Was I going to be the next corpse on the floor?" There stood a tall black smokey figure that seemed to be made out of some fog or smoke.  It hands look like shadowy claws that reached toward me. I began to Tremble and squirm as i leaned 


© 2011 Raining Soda


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on May 11, 2011
Last Updated on May 19, 2011


Author

Raining Soda
Raining Soda

CA



About
I love to write. But it always happens to be not finished. This time, Maybe. more..

Writing