A Walk Through the Park

A Walk Through the Park

A Story by Cameron
"

My Creative Writing class was told to come up with a story based of this picture. Here's mine.

"

After class got out, Sarah packed her bag and headed out of the room and through the halls. As she left the building, she pulled out her umbrella. She said a silent 'thank you' to her roommate for having the weather channel on this morning or she would've been facing a miserable walk home. She quickly left, following her usual route that led her past the public library, her favorite sweets shop, and through the park.

There was no one there; the path was covered in puddles, large and small, and the freshly fallen russet leaves carpeted the ground. She always loved Autumn. She couldn't explain it, but the idea of the twilight years of nature seemed fascinating to her. The warm, orange lights from the park lamps reflected off the water. Sarah paused for a moment and took in the beauty of the park. It almost looked like a dream, a dream she would gladly not wake from; as if she was back in time and seeing something forgotten or destroyed by man. Sarah was transfixed by the colors and the sight that she forgot the world around her, only taking in her imminent surroundings. She didn't know how long she stood there for, until laughter and the sound of voices broke through her daydreaming. She turned and saw students from her class also walking through the park. A girl among them noticed her looking and waved a hand. Sarah waved back, and with one last look around the park, headed for home.

Later that night, as she laid in bed, she could still see the park as it was shown to her in those few moments: warm, beautiful, seemingly from another age, dream-like. She closed her eyes and smiled, and she dreamt of a forest of russet leaves, rain puddles, and the soothing orange light the promised comfort.



© 2016 Cameron


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

very vivid imagery and wonderful detail in your work.
Nice job

Posted 7 Years Ago


I loved this! It was short and sweet but so pretty! Your word choice was phenomenal!!!!!!!

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 11, 2016
Last Updated on September 11, 2016

Author

Cameron
Cameron

IA



About
I love writing and only want to improve. more..

Writing