Fear of the Unknown

Fear of the Unknown

A Poem by Cameron
"

A Slam Poem I created some time ago.

"

People say they’re not afraid of anything, but they lie.

No matter who you are we all fear the unknown.

That blackness that threatens to swallow you and change things for better or for worse.

Some look to their God for answers, some look to science, while others simply do nothing.

No matter what you believe, or who you are, be it the Pope, President of a country, or a homeless man on the street, fear is always there.

As H.P. Lovecraft once said “The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear. And the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.”

And so the saying speaks true, for back then, now, and years ahead, fear was and will be one of the main driving points of the human race.

In dire situations, fear drives us to become something else, to throw off the shackles of humanity and become the monster that is buried deep inside.

Fear rules our lives even if we don’t know it, and it will forever, until the sun rises in the west and sets in the east and the mountains flutter like leaves in the wind.

© 2016 Cameron


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on September 12, 2016
Last Updated on September 12, 2016

Author

Cameron
Cameron

IA



About
I love writing and only want to improve. more..

Writing