The Web of Life

The Web of Life

A Poem by Cameron West
"

a free-verse I wrote today.

"
    I travel through the bamboo forest that separates the stressful cities to the calm Circle of Nature.  When I arrive at the circle, I take a quick glance behind me, and immediately sit down at my favorite spot.  Ivy carpets the ground and trees around me, and a bird chirps a small song overhead.  I sit under a curved log, with ivy acting as two lush green doorways isolating this area from anything around.  Instantly a great weight seems to have been lifted off my shoulders.  I let out a breath I had no idea I was holding, and my eyes flutter closed.  There are no noises, as if time were frozen, but a squirrel scampers up a nearby tree.  I imagine everything.  My stepmom, brothers, sisters, mom, dad, and stepdad.  They are all gone in a matter of seconds, however, for I am now deep in meditation.  Suddenly I am awake as if from a deep sleep.  The sun is now dimly glittering behind the mountains to the west, and I estimate that it is about 5:00.  My mom calls me to dinner,  and I take a deep breath.  Calm, controlled, ready.  I chuckle and slowly stride back toward my house.  Such Stress.

© 2014 Cameron West


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on February 27, 2014
Last Updated on February 27, 2014

Author

Cameron West
Cameron West

Santa Margarita, CA



About
I am a young author hoping to become very successful in the future. with the help of your commentary, I believe that I can indeed fulfill my dream. more..

Writing