The Web of Life (Watershed Poem)

The Web of Life (Watershed Poem)

A Poem by Cameron West
"

I edited and changed my earlier Web of Life poem. This is the new one:

"
              The sun beats on my back as I travel through the bamboo forest that separates the stressful cities from the calm Circle of Nature.  It is midsummer, but when I arrive at the Circle, the temperature drops to a cool and comfortable level.  I take a quick glance behind me and immediately find my favorite spot.  Ivy carpets the ground and trees around me, and a bird chirps a small song overhead.  I sit under a curved log, with ivy acting as two lush green doorways isolating this area from everything around.  Instantly a great weight seems to have been lifted off my shoulders.  I let out a breath I had no idea I was holding, and my eyes flutter closed.  There are no noises, as if time was frozen, but a squirrel scampers up a nearby tree.  I imagine everything.  My stepmom, brothers, sisters, mom, dad, dogs, cats, and stepdad.  They are all gone in a matter of seconds, however, for I am now deep in meditation.  This is a time that I think I am closest to the world above.  It feels as if I can talk with the divine spirits, even if I don’t worship them.  I feel a strong connection currently, and I call it my Voice.  Suddenly I am awake as if from a deep sleep.  The trees dance in the wind, and the sun dimly glitters through the foliage. I estimate it to be about 6:00, and my mom calls me to dinner.  The breath I now take is different from all the ones previous to it.  Alive.  Calm.  Controlled.  Ready.  I chuckle and slowly stride back toward my house.  Such stress.

© 2014 Cameron West


Author's Note

Cameron West
Please review! I want as many reviews as views!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

lol this is my review...'cause I viewed it!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
1 Review
Added on March 6, 2014
Last Updated on March 6, 2014

Author

Cameron West
Cameron West

Santa Margarita, CA



About
I am a young author hoping to become very successful in the future. with the help of your commentary, I believe that I can indeed fulfill my dream. more..

Writing