The Garden

The Garden

A Poem by Camila G
"

A home, one much bigger than I expected.

"

Miami is very special. It is very special to me. Miami is blue skies and orange lights in my backyard, which contrast each other so passionately I wonder if I’ve entered another world. And I have. Shadows on the bright yellow house create a pattern so intricate I believe if I were to try to touch it my hand would sink into the Garden of Eden and my body would follow soon after.  Outside of this Garden however, is one entirely of its own doing. The shadows have molded the world within the parameters of the yellow house, my yellow house. No, not the other way around as one would think. The shadows have created a Garden, filled with unnaturally green plants that have taken root in what was previously unwanted dirt and claimed it as its own. Erupting from the ground in what seems like a volcanic explosion, it soaks the humid air with invisible ash that fills my lungs like sap.  And that is why my breathing feels so sticky. I hope that soon, I will inhale so much sap that the plants become confused and embrace me as something familiar, giving the shadows no choice but to welcome me with open arms and will me into sinking deep deep inside the inner workings of the Garden. I hope that what I discover upon my indoctrination is so beautiful, so magical, that it is unfathomable to the human mind. Maybe then I will lose the need to call myself a human, as I will no longer think as one. I will think as part of a complex organism, an intricate system that exists simply for the sake of existing. It only makes sense- the world would be less beautiful without it. 

© 2016 Camila G


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on June 29, 2016
Last Updated on June 29, 2016
Tags: home, coming home, garden

Author

Camila G
Camila G

About
Hello! I like to write, and feel, and those two go very well together. more..

Writing
Honey Lips Honey Lips

A Poem by Camila G


Bittersweet Bittersweet

A Poem by Camila G