Epilogue

Epilogue

A Chapter by CJ Barnard

Epilogue

The new Queen was leaning against the trunk of the Silver Tree. Still a young tree, it was already soaring high and holding a magnificent crown of branches and leaves. Its bark was smooth and felt like skin under her touch. Cora embraced the Tree and closed her eyes, her thoughts drifting away. The light touch of two hands, lovingly holding hers, reached from the other side of the Tree and brought the young woman back from the reverie.

“I’m here” whispered the well-known voice. “And I am here to stay….”

In the history of the Tree people, Cora remained under the name of Travelling Queen. She spent her entire life reviving the long-forgotten connections of the Trees of outer lands and bringing together their nations. Under her loving protection, Avik and Amita grew into beautiful young people, becoming ambassadors of the Tree connections. They eventually became a couple, strengthening even more the connection of Arberians and Silverians.

When her time came, and a new Queen took the reign of the lands, Cora said farewell to everyone and visited for the last time the Silver Tree. She stopped before it, placing her palms on the large, leathery trunk. The Silver Tree opened, and Cora stepped into the arms of her beloved Satoru. The Tree closed behind her…..

If you’re passing by in a misty summer morning, turn your eyes to the hilltop. If you’re lucky, you might catch a glimpse of Cora and Satoru, sitting in the grass, talking quietly about the times that had passed and those that are about to come... Or maybe it’s just the wind whispering in the meadow…

 

 




© 2019 CJ Barnard


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on June 22, 2019
Last Updated on June 22, 2019


Author

CJ Barnard
CJ Barnard

Bloemfontein, Free State, South Africa



About
I live in my own world insode my head. The silance I portray is not what goes on inside my mind. I can go days without uttering a word from my lips, the conversations i have in my own mind and the sto.. more..

Writing