Voices

Voices

A Story by Candy Ray
"

Psychics and spiritualism are a big interest and source of inspiration for me

"

 

The notice outside the hall proclaimed that there was going to be a demonstration of mediumship on the following Saturday. ‘Only £10. This will be a wonderful show!’ it said. I was indignant. Calling it a show was disrespectful to the dead, and I didn’t agree with charging money for it either.

“If you don’t approve, maybe YOU should be the medium instead and do it your way,” suggested a ghost who was standing next to the hall.

“I don’t think this particular group would like that,” I replied by telepathy. “I would have to find someone else to put on the event.”

“How dare you!” cried another voice. “I’m the organizer of the show. All you can do is criticize.”

I looked all around me. A few people were crossing the stretch of grass in front of the hall. Either it was one of those, and he or she could talk by telepathy, or the organizer was dead or astrally projecting, or I was hearing imaginary voices now.

“I’m entitled to my opinion about how you do your demonstration,” I said, and the words I had just spoken appeared in writing on a blackboard which was propped below the noticeboard and was meant for more urgent announcements.

“What’s going on?” I exclaimed. “I expect I’ll wake up in a minute.” But I didn’t wake up. That was last week, and now it’s Saturday, and here I am in front of the hall again.

© 2016 Candy Ray


Author's Note

Candy Ray
Every time I pass one of the local community centres I think of it as the setting for this story- don't ask me why.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh wow, this surprised me, unique and a great twist...really brilliant piece :) I agree also that should gifts should not be charged money for :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
1 Review
Added on June 24, 2016
Last Updated on June 24, 2016
Tags: flash fiction, mediumship, paranormal

Author

Candy Ray
Candy Ray

United Kingdom



About
I'm a new writer living in the south of England and I'm inspired by magic, the occult and psychic subjects. I've recently had a book published by Night Horse Publishing House, (in December 2016) c.. more..

Writing
Fetch, Boy Fetch, Boy

A Story by Candy Ray


Dedication Dedication

A Story by Candy Ray