100 Word Stories

100 Word Stories

A Story by Candy Ray
"

I love to write 100-word Stories. Fit it on a postage stamp, that's me. Here are a few that have appeared on my website:

"

The Wild Hunt And The Bell      

The Wild Hunt raced down the hill on their powerful horses, to the place where the bell that was in the wrong story lay in the long grass.

Without a word they smashed the bell, and a dull DONG rang out across the wild wood, followed by a splintering thud.

But smashing it hadn’t mended the tear that leaked greenery down into the story underneath, and let a little jagged void space seep in and lick around the tree roots. A ribbon of vacuum threaded across the riverbank like black stitches.

The broken bell fell through the tear, and then from its own story it could be heard ringing once again.


Festival Day        

 

It was a festival day and I longed to see what was going on. A stage with music playing, blocked by the crowd standing at the front; stalls covered in bright colours and shapes labelled ‘hand-made crafts’, and crowds thronging around them; carousel, bouncy spider-web.

But whenever I try to move closer, the wire mesh bars my way. There are no special days for me " every day is the same, sitting on the same  perches in the aviary at the centre of the park.


Ice Cream                      

 

I am a servitor called Vanilla. Could it be said that Janetta made me? She took me from my source in dust and fluff that gathers around the bases of chair legs and fed me through a convocation of ice cream symbols; a storm of cones and wafers. Along the way there were many jokes: “I dropped YOUR ice cream,”  “ I dropped your brain,”  “ I bind you to this whirling candy floss machine.”


Janetta is whimsical. She has elfin looks and a childlike simplicity- that's why she based me on ice cream. But I am looking forward to growing up, because life must always move forward. We must evolve, as the cornet diminishes through being licked and is reborn as something new. Raspberry ripples go through me and through Janetta, for we are united.



Cyber          


As I did up the button on my cardigan I kept my finger on it and followed it, and threaded my whole body through the buttonhole.


The fabric pinched my head as it jerked through to the cardigan’s lining, where the long row of buttons formed a control panel leading straight into cyberspace. By pushing the first button I could go to Google, the second led to YouTube, and so on with all the others which took me to different sites.

 

I’ve seen enough now, so I’m coming out through the speaker on your computer.




Maintenance  Work At The Beach      



Just as summer is starting the beach has been fenced off. I’ll have to find another place to go.


I step into a time machine and visit Rome, trying to keep my eye on the exquisitely designed temples instead of on gladiators being made to fight to the death. Then I jump into a space ship and soar to another galaxy where I inspect blobby people with arms like tweezers. Next I dive to the bottom of the sea and follow a squid riding a plankton raft towards cherry-pink coral reefs.


I still like the beach across the road best.

 

© 2016 Candy Ray


Author's Note

Candy Ray
Hope you like these. Try writing your own!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on August 4, 2016
Last Updated on August 4, 2016
Tags: Paganism, chaos magic, paranormal

Author

Candy Ray
Candy Ray

United Kingdom



About
I'm a new writer living in the south of England and I'm inspired by magic, the occult and psychic subjects. I've recently had a book published by Night Horse Publishing House, (in December 2016) c.. more..

Writing
Fetch, Boy Fetch, Boy

A Story by Candy Ray


Dedication Dedication

A Story by Candy Ray


Voices Voices

A Story by Candy Ray