Realization Pt. 3

Realization Pt. 3

A Story by Jessica L Auster

I finally fell in love with it all. My life from start to finish was a building up for my final chapter. What would Billy do? I wondered if he could hear me. I tried asking him but I got no answer. I think Billy's gone. My only sanity has left me stranded. And now I found myself calling up an old friend: Dan...or "Mr. Sock Puppets". He answered.

"Hello, Dan?"

"Hi Rita." His voice felt dark on the phone. As if he was planning something. I didn't care. He continued. "We'd like to have you for dinner." I could hear him smiling on the other line. I still didn't care.

"I'd love to." I hung up the phone. I wondered what or why I was doing this. I needed Billy more than anything. He'd know what to do. I sure didn't. So I went to the fireplace and looked at his green vase. Then asked my famous question: "What do I do, Billy?" still no answer. My heart rose to my throat and it was hard for me to breathe. I'm in the shower now, and I still don't know why. I'm putting on my clothes, and making myself up. Why am I doing this? I find myself walking out the front door...into my Volvo...I arrive at Dan's house. I see him looking out the front door...waiting...with mom and dad. His house looks darker...empty...cold.

"Come in." The dark circles that complimented his brown eyes look darker than ever. "We've been waiting to hear from you."

Dan was strange...creepy even. what did I ever like about him? I doubt Billy would know this one. The night didn't take me by surprise. In fact, it made me realize why I left Dan in the first place. HE'S A NUT. Or is that me? The car ride home got me thinking. As I passed abandoned homes which Dan's would soon be like...and spray painted road signs, I thought that maybe just maybe there was something wrong with me.

© 2008 Jessica L Auster


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on December 1, 2008