Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Karis
"

Ethel meets the leader of the Angels, and is persuaded into joining their dangerous group.

"

She twirled her dark hair with utter charm. Her left hand loosely gripping her diet pepsi. Her lips were tightly pursed, unmasking a line of red lipstick around her lips. Her blue liquid liner sparkled in the lights of the restaurant, and her dark eyebrows were slightly raised. She was staring at me. Waiting for my answer. I looked at her blankly. Wondering what I might look like in correlation to her. My mind drifted for a split second. I wonder if lowlights would suit me.. maybe a dark brown.... I have dark eyes, after all. My thoughts were interrupted when reality quickly reappeared in front of me, once again. Miranda. Miranda Evans. Sitting in front of me asking me to take part in a murder. I didn’t want too of course, but that's out of the question.

“Anytime now, Etheldrada.”

Etheldrada. I cringed just hearing the ugly letters roll of the tip of her tongue as if they she were used to speaking them with poise. I hate my name. Truly. I try to mask it with a simple “Ethel”, but even that is a stretch. I wanted my parents to change it when I was a child, but had no such luck.

The only time I am ever called Etheldrada is when I am either being yelled at or being manipulated. It’s a strategy, really. To get under my skin. It’s no secret, and unfortunately, it works. Every time.

“Fine.” My pleading eyes drifted down to my coaster.

“That's great.” She said with a smile. “I’m really proud of you.” She let go of her shiny strand of hair and put her decorative hand on top of mine. “I know you’ll be a great addition to our team, Ethel.”

She spoke my nickname with a sense of praise. As if I had earned the right to be called by my preferred name. She reeked success, confidence, and craft. A smell so strong, it made me nauseous and remorseful.

I guess there are side effects to every merit.


© 2014 Karis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Fascinating. Nice little read, and I can't wait to read more! Lol, I know there is another chapter up, and i should be reading it soon.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 19, 2014
Last Updated on February 19, 2014
Tags: highschool, danger, murder, persusasion


Author

Karis
Karis

About
Hi, I'm Karis. I've always loved to write, ever since I was little. I love to read as well, and always had a a desire to learn more about the art of literature. My strongest works are in books and .. more..

Writing
A Lost Love A Lost Love

A Poem by Karis


Holocaust Holocaust

A Poem by Karis


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Karis