Bullet Points to the Girl Whose Boyfriend Just Dumped Her

Bullet Points to the Girl Whose Boyfriend Just Dumped Her

A Story by Carly_Ruth

To the girl whose boyfriend just dumped her:

 

- You will never get the “why” you want from him. Stop looking for the answer.

- Stop letting him keep you from seeing your worth.

- Stop letting him keep you from living your life to your full potential.

- It’s ok to grieve for what could have been and for what was.

- Binge eating ice cream, pizza, peanut butter, etc. is ok.

- Go for a run or a drive and listen to Taylor Swift. She has at least one song that will fit your situation.

- It will be a while before he is not the first thing your think of in the morning and the last thing you think of at night. Accept this.

- Just because your emotions are more powerful at night does not give you the right to do something you’ll regret.

- There will be someone else.

- Someone else will come when you are not looking for him.

-Someone else will be 1,000 times better than what he was.

- The first time you see him with another girl, see his relationship status change on Facebook, or hear about a date he went on, you will feel like you’ve been punched in the face only to get back up and be kicked in the stomach. You will then want to hit something really hard and go cry in a corner (with vengeful Taylor Swift songs as company). This is ok.

- Don’t hate the next girl. It’s not her fault. Find it in your heart to wish them well.

- Forgive him for any hurt he caused. Forgiveness is not about him deserving it but about you choosing to look at the situation and decide that you will not be hurt by it anymore. Let it go.

- You will cry. You will be hurt. You will be sad. You will be angry. These moments do not define you.

- There is no magical quick fix (so no rebounding!) Time will heal.

- It is ok to be the one who loved more.

- It is ok to be the one who fought harder.

- You don’t have to say “yes” to “just being friends”. It’s ok to not be ok with that.

-Social media is NOT your place to vent or be passive aggressive.

-Start a diary instead.

© 2014 Carly_Ruth


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think you've put together a pretty well round list here. I especially agree with the second from the last. I think the biggest question that comes to my mind while reading these is about the choice of music. Not so much the artist, but the style. Perhaps you could shed some light on the matter. Why is it, that when people are going through heartbreak or pain, they listen to music that mirrors what they are feeling? Would it not be better to listen to something positive, or upbeat?

Thanks for sharing!
Wolfwind

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 13, 2014
Last Updated on October 13, 2014
Tags: break, up, dump, boyfriend, love, heart