Welcome to The New World DisOrders -- They Are Legion.

Welcome to The New World DisOrders -- They Are Legion.

A Story by Carol Maric

 

 
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/carol-maric/welcome-to-the-new-world_b_101224.html


This piece might be restored. Please feel free to read all the reviews below. Thank You All !

© 2008 Carol Maric


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow! So this is coming from the heart, huh? I have to admit, this made me laugh, not because I was genuinely amused, but because I've kind of been saying exactly the same thing for absolutely years. To be quite honest, I thought I was the only one...
That said, I have to agree wth some of the other reviewers, and whilst I agree whole-heartedly with what you're saying, you do kind of take a shovel to this one and beat the reader round the head with it, you know? From my point of view, I didn't mind (did I mention I agree with you?) but some of the 'sheep' are obviously going to have problems. Thanks for making me smile, though.

Posted 17 Years Ago


10 of 10 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hi Carol,

I really liked this essay because of your thought provoking insight into the potential world of tomorrow. One bereft of a youthful generation lacking awareness to the galvanizing reality that steel be tempered by brightly burning flame.

Since I plan to robustly participate in all the rest of the days of my life (a proclivity I garnered as a scrappy, willful, unmedicated child) your essay has made me realize that it disturbs me to contemplate a society in which the razor's edge is dulled by turning down the heat.

Here's to the fire...

Cheers

Posted 17 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.

I'm sorry. You're right about medication advertisements and labeling of geniuses past, but I have to respectfully disagree with you on taking medicine. Having been on anti-depressants off and on for the last 8 years, I know they�ve helped me. I know I wouldn�t have made it without them. I know people abuse them and take them when they don�t really need them, but for many like me, they're a godsend. Don�t forget that many mental illnesses are biologically based.

Peace, love and all that other junk,

Joe


Posted 17 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.

Everyone falls under some label or another and sometimes sever labels at that...there is no escaping it. As for pills...unless you can afford them (or have great medical insurance) you are out of luck. I'm glad I'm out of luck. :-)

Posted 17 Years Ago


8 of 9 people found this review constructive.

carol - i'm trying to familiarize myself with your works. i feel the message here, and i agree that there is too much pill popping on TV; however, as a pill popper myself for a plethora of femaled related issues, prozac being one, i must agree with Leah below that's its not all one sided. I do value this essay though, i agree with a lot of the points...in that society is too passive and too quick to label. I enjoy reading your works, more like a basis for disucussion.

Posted 17 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pat
As a self-proclaimed Genius (of the caliber of Wile E. Coyote), I must say that there is a cure. You mentioned it in your text. "Television", the true opiate of the masses.

"Better a dram than a damn", right?

This is an excellent writing.

Posted 17 Years Ago


8 of 9 people found this review constructive.

Nice!!! Very thought provoking and well written. I enjoy your work... but I especially enjoyed this piece.


Posted 17 Years Ago


7 of 9 people found this review constructive.

You're right though, not only are chemicals getting more complicated; different levels are settling out in societies and fast loosing any real touch with eachother.
Abuse of misplaced trust IS becoming commonplace indeed. That's a cool message message message cool a that's from Grendel below too eh
All the best
Gar



Posted 17 Years Ago


8 of 9 people found this review constructive.

I found this essay to be right on the money. You put some time into observing everything on television and the world around you. Well done Carol, well done!

Posted 17 Years Ago


8 of 9 people found this review constructive.

Carol,
I have seen positive uses for the medications as a teacher in addition to the abuse of the meds that are too quickly administered. As much as I can appreciate your point....I feel it is too one-sided to be a sincere analysis of the topic. I don't feel I should rate this piece of literature for it reads more like a personal rant of sorts. Ranting is good at times and one of the reasons we protect freedom of speech...we need that outlet. I encourage you to research the positive along with the negative impact psychological medications have offered our society over the years and I think you will find ...it isn't ALL bad. -Leah

Posted 17 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.

Carol,

Great observations. I agree and feel the rage with you. I don't understand the desire to blot out all that is human in the world of emotion and experience for the sake of feeling happy and normal. I take it a step further and ask if Marx could have been more successful in his revolution had the pills been available.

You have a great mind. Don't let anyone ever try to convince you otherwise. I don't do the star rating thing. Don't be offended. This was a great read.

Posted 17 Years Ago


7 of 8 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

831 Views
91 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2008
Last Updated on December 2, 2008

Author

Carol Maric
Carol Maric

And then went down to the ship, Set keel to breakers, forth on the godly sea, and . . . Ezra Pound (TCOEP).



About
" My life goal? Literary Immortality--without compromise. " " I would rather be skydiving while writing a book. " philosopher & polymath Author of the unpublished masterpiece PROTEAN NotUnTit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..