Writing Manifesto

Writing Manifesto

A Story by Carol Blake
"

Not sure it would classify as an article or an essay, as it is a manifesto.

"

I will write daily, even if only for 30 minutes, as that’s the amount of time it usually takes to get my mojo going.

When my muse wakes me in the middle of the night, I will get up at that very moment and write down what the voices are saying. I will write every little detail �" the sounds, the environment, the smells, the way the place feels, what I’m (the character) feeling, the colors or lack thereof.

When I fear I’m not good enough, I’ll write anyway.

When others tell me I suck as a writer, I’ll write anyway.

When others tell me I’ll never make it as a writer, I’ll write anyway.

When I tell myself I cannot do it, I’ll do it anyway.

When I fear success, I’ll power through it anyway.

When I fear failure, I’ll write anyway.

When I am sick, I’ll write anyway.

When I’m on vacation, I’ll write anyway.

When I want to procrastinate because I think I have something more important to do, I’ll write anyway.

When I’ve finished writing the book, I will read and revise and reorganize and edit and polish and read and read again. And then, I’ll read it again to see what other changes need to be made. I’ll employ my Beta readers and take their feedback into consideration. When I feel the book is ready, I will attempt to publish.

I will attempt to publish again and again until my book receives acceptance. If my book is rejected 150 times, I will attempt to publish another 50 times and then, after that, perhaps choose to change the query letter or book.

A rejection of my book is not a rejection of me. They are two separate entities. Just because my book will be rejected, and it will, I will not take it personally. This is part of the job and I understand that. I may have a 30 minute pity party, should I feel I need it, of wine (whine) and cheese, and then I will press on and send the query out to the next publisher(s).

I will believe in myself.

I will believe in my book.

I will tell myself every day that my book is wonderful and it needs to be out there in the world so the stories of these beautiful characters may be known and loved as I love them.

I will not stop until I have reached the goals I have set for myself with this book.

And then, I will start the next book.

© 2014 Carol Blake


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very encouraging words to live by as a writer...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Carol Blake

9 Years Ago

Thanks Rich. Sometimes, it can be extremely difficult, but it's a great outlet if we can force ours.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
1 Review
Added on September 7, 2014
Last Updated on September 7, 2014