I Love You

I Love You

A Story by Carollynn
"

A very short story on telling someone you love them.

"

My heart knows that Thomas Kaddi is the only man in the world that I will ever love. We've only been together for 3 months, but the way he makes me feel is overwhelming. He makes my heart beat faster and the butterflies come alive in my stomach. He knows exactly what to say when I'm sad. Tonight, with the full moon out, I will tell him...

We lay in his bed. His heartbeat is steady and slow. He rubs my arm with his hand. I lift my head to catch his eyes. How in the dark can I tell that he is smiling? Perhaps he knows, perhaps I don’t have to say anything at all, but I know I must.

I roll into him more and lift my head to face his. I can feel his heartbeat and it calms me. I am tearing up because this, this is the scariest moment of my life. He has to know. I breath in and begin with,

“ Please don’t say anything. Just let me talk please.”

“Okay?” He whispers letting his head fall back.

“ I know it means nothing to you, but it means more than you can comprehend to me. I don’t want to say it because if I do maybe you’ll hurt me or use me. I trust you with my heart and please don’t break it. I love you.” I breath.

“Babe...”

Shhhhhhh. I put my finger on his lips.

“I don’t want you to say it. I mean I do, but not unless you can say in your heart or hearts that you love me, you trust me, and most of all I don’t want to hear it unless you both comprehend and feel the importance of those words to me.” I look into his eyes. He isn’t smiling anymore. Pure silence conquers the room. I no longer hear him breathe or feel his heartbeat.

He sighs. I weep into his chest as he rubs my back. Silence is the feeling, the sound, the taste, the sight, and yes, even the smell in the room as we drift off into slumber.

© 2014 Carollynn


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Carollynn
I know it's quite short and there may be a few grammar mistakes please feel free to correct me. I'd love to know what you liked/disliked. Thank You for reading :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, that was moving. There was a desire in me to know more but really it was all said. It doesn't need to be another line longer or it would be too much. I felt an emotional reaction reading it.
There may be a few grammatically things I would change, but they are tiny and not really relevant because they are the spoken words of the character and they she wouldn't speak with perfection, none of us do in a time in time of intimacy so your writing works well. But be sure to capitalize the "I" in "i'm sad".
You are very good at communicating emotion in your writing I enjoyed it a lot. Keep writing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really liked it, It was very emotional and heartfelt and made me feel warm inside. Tank you for the absolutley beautiful read.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Gripping and interesting read, you played well with emotions and ending you break heart of your readers! Well done...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Wow, that was moving. There was a desire in me to know more but really it was all said. It doesn't need to be another line longer or it would be too much. I felt an emotional reaction reading it.
There may be a few grammatically things I would change, but they are tiny and not really relevant because they are the spoken words of the character and they she wouldn't speak with perfection, none of us do in a time in time of intimacy so your writing works well. But be sure to capitalize the "I" in "i'm sad".
You are very good at communicating emotion in your writing I enjoyed it a lot. Keep writing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 12, 2014
Last Updated on July 13, 2014
Tags: love, feelings, sad, short, boy, girl

Author

Carollynn
Carollynn

WI



About
I am a young woman living in a small town in Wisconsin. I am not a small town girl and can't wait until I can leave for the city. Until then I am learning and experiencing the full effects of living w.. more..

Writing
What If... What If...

A Story by Carollynn