What If...

What If...

A Story by Carollynn
"

A short story I wrote while working on description

"

The wood creaks and is a soft pale brown. My bare feet scrape the wood slightly as I shuffle to the end of the pier. The wind blows against my skin softly like a lover’s gentle touch. My hair gently moves with the wind. I can feel the light tickle of the wisps behind my ear and on my neck. The moonlight shines bright on the water. The small large pond is covered in the sponge-like algae, but every so often there is a large stagnant pool of clear navy blue water. The clouds reflection are a light purple and violet. They are puffy and sweet like cotton candy at an amusement park. They air is fresh and full of the campfire smell. I breathe it all in and release all my worries. The beauty of the natural world around me captivates me. How can one go each day speeding by the small details in this world? The silhouette of the trees on the other side of the pond and the crystal clear mirror of the pond spots is elegant. The soft wood and puffy clouds gently shaded by natures small delicate brush are like fine art. No painter can truly capture the feeling, the essence. Certainly no selfie can grant one the satisfaction of pure still night. The glow of your phone in your bed can not compare to the silver glow of the moon against the trees or the water. No one stops to smell the roses in this fast paced life of now, now, now. Think if for once you stopped and took the scenic route. Would the world end, or would you find something you never saw before? Perhaps you’ll see something in yourself. A little silence, a little peace, a stop in thought for the world around you. The beauty we were born from and not the harsh metal blocks we built.

I turn back from the beauty and pull out my Iphone 5.  I Instagram, Facebook, Twitter a picture. #Nature #beauty #omg

© 2014 Carollynn


Author's Note

Carollynn
Thank you for reading :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's was incredibly described I felt like I was in the place and could feel every aspect. Good Job:) could you please review my story it is called Base 15

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is beauty defined isnt it? I lived and grew up in Minnesota and what you describe here hits home with me. I love camping out and being outside since its only really possible for a few months of the year. Thank you for writing this. It seems like such an appreciative write!

Posted 9 Years Ago


You took your readers for a beautiful walk in the nature, what you felt as your reader I was feeling every single it of all. You my friend are a magical writer and when you write you create your spell...simply spectacular!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 15, 2014
Last Updated on July 15, 2014
Tags: nature, what if, technology, beauty, description

Author

Carollynn
Carollynn

WI



About
I am a young woman living in a small town in Wisconsin. I am not a small town girl and can't wait until I can leave for the city. Until then I am learning and experiencing the full effects of living w.. more..

Writing
I Love You I Love You

A Story by Carollynn