The Form On the Sea

The Form On the Sea

A Poem by CarolynLewisPoe
"

This one's about a ghost ship and a fight betwixt the islanders and the pirates...now, thier spirits roam the seas.

"

The ship is slowly sailing. Constantly persuing the unknown on the waters.

The form is not different in the slightest. It’s the one that’s been seen before.

The people stay away, when it makes its ghostly path. They keep their sons and daughters.

I however am not afraid; I go down to the edge of the Sea. I want to see the ghouls of lore.

I hear the ghost bell tolling away out in the silvery mist. It is then I recall the slaughters.

Our men fought with pirates, it was our loves that fortunately won. Oh! That night was wrought with gore!

                     Now on the anniversary of the event of that night, we see the ghostly pirate martyers.

© 2008 CarolynLewisPoe


Author's Note

CarolynLewisPoe
Comments, critisims are greatly appreciated...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It could easily be developed into an epic story, thats what I like about this poem! its an interesting story with good themes! You have written it in a form i enjoy: it is poetic and well written and it has great mood to it that really intrigues the reader!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 11, 2008

Author

CarolynLewisPoe
CarolynLewisPoe

wouldn't you like to know! ;p.....



About
Hi. I'm Carolyn Lewis Poe on here. I have c h o s e n that pen n a m e because they a r e the combined n a m e s of some o f my favorite w r i t e r s, Carolyn Keen, a u t h o r of the N a n c y Drew .. more..

Writing