Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Cas Novak

 In the beginning 

Castiel

I watched from a distance as Sam struggled to his feet, his hair soaked in sweat, his face covered in dirt and filth. He took in his surroundings, his hazel eyes dulled with pain. Though I stood directly in his line of vision, he could not see me. He could not know I was the one who raised him from perdition. It wasn't easy and it was directly against the written plan, but Sam is my friend, and I could not leave him in that cage with both of my brothers. Michael and Lucifer take joy in the pain of others. Sam slowly took in his surroundings, his eyes widening when as he realized where he was.
"What the hell?" He said, disbelief coloring his voice. "Cas! Castiel! Get your feathery a*s down here." I stood there, heart heavy with guilt.when I raised Sam, I left an important part of him behind. His soul. I had one shot or risk the chance of setting my brothers free. If that happened then everything we had worked for would be lost. All I can do now is hope, I had long since given up praying to Father, that being soulless wouldn't change Sam.
After a few minutes of waiting with no sign of me, Sam started to stumble towards the gate of the graveyard. His clothes were in tatters and his shoes were missing. He winced making his way across the graveyard, unsuccessfully, avoiding rocks, sticks, and other debris. I watched as he nearly fell onto the pavement, catching a car that happened to be driving by at that moment. Once I saw he was safe inside I flashed out, with a rustle of feathers.

****

"Castiel, what were you thinking?" Naomi demanded.
"I was thinking about my friends. I could not leave Sam in The Cage. Not with both Michael and Lucifer." I replied, calmly.
"That was not how it was written." She said, through clenched teeth, rising.
"I have ignored the written rules for some time now, Naomi. That is why I fell, because against all odds, I chose family." I said softly.
"We are family, Castiel."
"No, Naomi, you are not. Just because you are blood, does not mean you are family, you have to earn that. Dean and Sam are my family, not you." I said recalling Deans words. I had rendered Naomi speechless. "Bye, Naomi." I said, disappearing.

****

"Searra!" I called into the night. I knew she was close, I could feel her. "Searra, come out. I must speak with you." I called, wind making my trench coat flutter.
"I'm right here Angelcakes. Quit your yelling." She said, stepping out of the shadows. Her long blond hair, blowing into her face, hiding her gray eyes. A stark contrast to her dark honey colored skin. Her barbed tail swishing back and forth half the length of her 5'8" frame.
"I am not a sweet frosted cake." I said, tilting my head, slightly, to the left.
"You look like a curious cat, Cas." She said with a sigh. "What do you want, Angelcakes?" I started to reply, but decided against it and addressed our current issue.
"I am in need of your services."
"Oh, Angelcakes, I'd love to but I don't do that. Though for a lot of money I might-"
"Searra, I do not know what you are talking about." I said, thoroughly confused. She laughed. "
I know babe. But its fun to mess with you. So what do you need?"
"I need you to watch over someone."
"Mm hmm. And who would this somebody be?" She asked, her mind clearly wandering.
"Sam."


© 2015 Cas Novak


The Shadow On My Shoulder
There is an angel who sits upon my shoulder who goes by the name of Death...
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Author's Note

Cas Novak
Fanfiction

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
Added on March 30, 2015
Last Updated on March 30, 2015


Author

Cas Novak
Cas Novak

Springfield, MO



About
Lived in a small town for a long time. Recently moved to a large city. Getting my GED and going to college. Writing forever, my dad got me started. Largeish family and love animals.à more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Cas Novak


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Cas Novak


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by Cas Novak





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5