Echos of voices

Echos of voices

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"
                           Echos of voices

Christmas is near. Kids are filled with excitement and  I'm  looking  at old photos of my youth.
I hear the echos of strong and happy voices when I see the faces missed.

I know I knew love and was taught the right way to live.  Glimpses of dear Grandparent who allowed me to share their life and become strong.

My Christmas wish is simple. I want to create photos for my children and grandchildren. Photos of happy family gatherings filled with laughter and joy.

Today I hear the echos of great people in my voice. Their kindness taught me. Us elders are the builders of the future. We must teach love and kindness. We must have family meals. We must be the safe place and calm voices for our children.

I wish everyone a safe and merry Christmas. Give to a charity if you can. Share smiles and kind hellos to strangers who need to feel they are not alone.

I don't grieve for yesterday. The old photos show me. I was taught by good teachers and we honor our teachers by living a good life spreading love and kindness.
 
Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all.

                               Coyote/John Castellenas




© 2014 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A Christmas poem. I hope you enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Merry Christmas :) I really enjoyed this poem, such a strong point to keep in mind. We could so easily get caught up in grieving our pasts that we forget to truly live in the moment. Thanks for posing, for reminding that we only have a set number of Christmases in our lives, with certain loved ones. It's important to cherish our special traditions and give thanks. Cheers to you, Coyote.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Abbey. You are right. We need to enjoy time with our family.


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

I don't grieve for yesterday. The old photos show me. I was taught by good teachers and we honor our teachers by living a good life spreading love and kindness.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all.

May the coming year be the best yet:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Pryde. I wish you a Happy and safe New year and great success in the coming year.
Such simple truths, and such profound truths. We must leave our children and their children a path to follow, and show them the importance of family. Well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Mandy. Kids learn from the elders. We must set the good example.
this poem captures the spirit and energy that I feel life should be lived with. Wonderful words Coyote.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Kasey. I appreciate the comment.
Merry Christmas, CP!
This is a heartfelt piece. Yes, we must teach love and kindness to the children. Home is the first place to hone our children to live a good life.

Well-done!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are right. What we say and do is being observed. Thank you dear friend for reading and the comme.. read more
Well written John. Causing my mind to filter which is good.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Ken. Holidays are the good days to remember the days missed.
I love this. The message given to us all is crystal clear and describes the Christmas we all want.
Merry Christmas! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Simran. Life should be simple. Time with family and laughter.
The gift of photos for your family is a very unique and great gift. One that will be treasured for many years to come. It will be of even greater value years from now.
Merry Christmas, kind sir.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Michael for reading and the comment. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Nice,hope you and your have a good Christmas and New year

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank yo Gee. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year.
I enjoyed the poem, great one.
Merry christmas to you and your children.
Have sweat merry christmas.
armin. ...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Armin. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
I am always warmed by the bright, kind light of your spirit shining through each and every one of your pieces.. Every one unique and special, revealing more of that giving, loving, compassionate, romantic nature that is you.. It is such a beautifully moving experience and I thank you for sharing with me. This one makes me feel hope in humanity, even if brief... it gives me the warm fuzzy feelings of happiness and what family means.. what it is to have that role model, that support system, that nurturing environment where morals are taught and practiced, where love is never questioned, where memories are always pleasant and joyous.. you are truly one of a kind my friend, and I am so honored to call you friend.. I thoroughly enjoyed this moving, positive message and declaration.. Happy Holidays to you and your family.. ((hugs))

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Dear Poet. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year,.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

780 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 20, 2014
Last Updated on December 20, 2014

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mirrored Moon Mirrored Moon

A Poem by ANTO