Let's drink and pray for more

Let's drink and pray for more

A Poem by Coyote Poetry

                         


                                Let's drink and pray for more


Wild child danced alone on Austin Dance floor.
Barely old enough to be in the dark taverns of Downtown Austin.
Her wild eyes searched for what she needed.

I loved her free-flowing auburn -colored hair and long skirt moving with the song.
Her movement allowed me  glances of perfect legs and tender shoulders in her Summer blouse.

She came to me. She smiled and she asked me. Dear Poet. Not dancing tonight. Afraid of the ending before the beginning."  I told her.  Dear hard headed woman. I wrote a song for you.

--
Blue eyes beauty. In your eyes I cannot escape.
This song is for you my lover.
My words of love for a wild and free wind.
Dear Jenny.
You make love become multi-colored and a free-falling dance.
Made my quiet nights turn to illusions of wild rivers and great storms.
Your fingertips upon my skin made me a beggar for your love and kiss.
Old Poet does know the ending. Can't hold the wind in your hands and
can't hold down a wild child in heart.
Free wind and free-children are blessed.
Knowing no locked doors and not fearing the ending.
Just loving the beginnings.
--
Pretty Jenny took me to the dance floor and I kissed her neck and face.
She whispered. "Love should be free and wild. Our midnight wishes becoming true.
True love should allow love to have wings and love to be sang to the heavens.
Make the God jealous. Let's drink and pray for more my love."

A hard headed lady and a blessed man danced to Willie Nelson song.
The Poet knew. The night was coming and he held a alluring angel.
A rare gift in a hard life.
                           John Castellenas/Coyote
                  

© 2016 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

reading put me there in the scene and made my own heart look for something needed ...the song put me back in the 60's so much of what your poem says about love related ..those were a wild and free time (allegedly;) i like that you dressed her in long skirt and summer blouse ..with those very alluring glimpses ..tweeking the imagination can be so much more effective than bare reality :)))

E.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

I miss the days of good conversation and dancing. Today people are rushing to no-where. Thank you my.. read more


Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Reviews

A hard headed lady and a blessed man danced to Willie Nelson song.
The Poet knew. The night was coming and he held a alluring angel.
A rare gift in a hard life

Some lovely penning, friend:)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Pryde. Maybe I missed those wild nights? Good old days become better with time and separat.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
dan
John, I always like your pieces about smoky dance halls and lovely women dancing with you. And the song your wrote for Jenny in your poem is beautiful. You really have a way with words. I sorry that I cannot read any of your chapters; my MH disorders prevent me from reading long writes. I cannot focus or keep my concentration going through longer writes. Any time you write a poem though I'd be glad to review it. Do you send read requests? If so please include me, OK? take care...dan

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

I appreciate your time and thank you for reading . I don't send read request my friend.
This was a wonderful piece Coyote full of terrific images of that young girl in Austin so wild and free and her love being the same - I really enjoyed this :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Carolynn for reading and the comment. Good to be young and to celebrate life.
"to all the girls I've loved before" I loved that Willie song and his pigtails :) well done poet!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Corset. I appreciate the comment.
"The wild nights are calling" Fantastic imagery. I was able to envision the landscape in my head. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Phillip for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
I love the way you fill your writing with sensory & sensual word choices . . . thoughts & feelings are stated in softly caressing phrases . . . this is how to seduce a woman. I also love your premise about love/sex being free & wild, needing air to breathe & space to expand. This poem might be one of the best, as far as accomplishing these sensory delights & freedom of imagination.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I appreciate the comment. Love should be wild and free. A joy and a pleasure.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

724 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 3, 2016
Last Updated on March 3, 2016

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..