Please my love, stay all night with me

Please my love, stay all night with me

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"




  Please stay all night with me

She was my first storm I danced with. I loved how her long strawberry red hair moved when she danced by the Lake Superior lake. It was late September and the cold and warm days crashed making the lake, dance a dangerous waltz.

I watched her do the circle dance near the moving water. She stopped and reached into the Lake Superior cold water. She filled her hand with the cold water and she tossed the water on her pretty face.

We came to burn sage. Life had became too hard and she wanted me to pray with her.  I told her many years ago. Sometime the Lake Superior and the sage. Make us innocence and hopeful again if we pray to the midnight lake gods.

The cold water awoke her quiet mind and she came to me. She wrapped her arms around me and she whispered. I'm tire Johnnie. Heart bury and gone, dream forgotten and lost. I feel so damn old. Please burn the sage and make me laugh again.

We burned the sage walking near the Lake Superior. The moon and the stars were our witnesses and I whispered.
--Water, earth and the sky. Listen to our wish. Please make us understand and forget the pain of life. Make us young and brave again. Make our heart and mind. Wild and hopeful again. Allow my beautiful Liz, my beautiful Elizabeth to
sing, dance and laugh again. Thank you for Lake Superior, thank you for the night and the bright stars. Thank you for allowing us to be able to find each other again.--

She smiled and she embraced me tightly. She asked me to dance with her by the lake. We did a slow waltz and the slow waltz turn to wild movements of toss and catch. Elizabeth begin to laugh and she asked me as we fell into the cold sand. Please my love, stay with me. I know I'm not as pretty as when you first saw me in the Spring of 1985. I remember how desperate and nervous you were. You made me feel so beautiful.

I kissed her forehead, her face-cheeks and her lips. I whispered to her. You are my wild rose, so damn beautiful and so damn dangerous to touch. My wild rose. You are more beautiful, more tempting and more wonderful today than in years past. I would be honored to stay with you tonight, tomorrow and forever.

She smiled and soft tears fell and she whispered. Thank you Johnnie. I need safe and sound. Concern and kindness. Love and forgiveness. I'm filled with sin and regret. I feel no-one can love me.

I brought her closer and I told her. Sin and gin. Hate and lies. True words and not true words leave us feeling empty and dirty. Dear Elizabeth. Tonight by the blessed Lake Superior and surrounded by God country of upper Michigan. The sage and the water will allow us to find a better place. All things happen for a reason. You and I are here being caressed by the moon and the stars. I love you yesterday,  today and I will love you tomorrow.
 
Elizabeth kissed me once, she kissed me twice and she promised. I won't leave you this time Johnnie. You are my honey wine and soft kisses.

        John Castellenas/Coyote







© 2017 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You write with amazing warmth and sincerity.. drawing the reader further and further into a very personal and beautiful situation. Your unique stle, way of phrasing is truly interesting and true.. never alter it.. or your love for love within a world that can be so very sad and yet, is full of beauty if one just stand till for more than a blink

Romance and a true heart still lives in your memories, John. Thank goodness.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend. The gift of love. Most honored gift.



Reviews

Aloha John, you write with such heart that these deep personal writings are so comforting and sincere. The imagery is warm and effortlessly romantic, honoring LOVE. I have read many of your stories John, you are a wonderful storyteller yours is a wisdom filled life that is well lived. Mahalo for sharing your stories. Izzy

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you my dear friend. This was a real place once. All of need comfort and kind words.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
John this is so beautiful. Though it took some time it is so real when true love returns. I can feel your love for her. I can feel her feelings of love for you and her honest regret for ever having left you.

Interestingly, my first also happened to be a strawberry blond. Thank you - Dave

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Those strawberry blond woman will steal your heart. Thank you Dave for reading and the comment.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Another warming tale of love and romance beneath the celestial gaze.

Once again you have written a very personal piece infused with lovely imagery and soft romanticism. All these writes that i have read of yours only confirm what i originally thought; you have lived a wonderful life and have much wisdom to pass on to others.

Fine writing, my friend. Very nicely written. Well Done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Doodley. I do appreciate the comment.
You write with amazing warmth and sincerity.. drawing the reader further and further into a very personal and beautiful situation. Your unique stle, way of phrasing is truly interesting and true.. never alter it.. or your love for love within a world that can be so very sad and yet, is full of beauty if one just stand till for more than a blink

Romance and a true heart still lives in your memories, John. Thank goodness.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend. The gift of love. Most honored gift.
So darn beautiful Coyote!
This poem is amazing!
So adorable and cute as well :)
Amazing job!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I appreciate the comment.
Mr.Writer

7 Years Ago

No problem! :)
nice start reading really interesting thanks for sharing this nice piece writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Ashish for reading and the comment.
You capture romance and love and humanity and package it up in your own unique way Coyote.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you John. I appreciate the comment.
This is one of my favorites of yours that I've read so far! Sorry I haven't been on this website in a few months, so I've missed reading you. I notice that, even tho you mention a number of ladies in your poems, Elizabeth seems to show up most often. I like the way this is playfully romantic & showing the many layers of being attracted to a beloved other. Your manner of weaving nature with romance is very inspiring for other writers.

In the 2nd sentence, at the end, maybe use a different word instead of "lake" two times?

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend. I appreciate your comment and your help. I have been busy too. Work had becom.. read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

685 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 22, 2017
Last Updated on April 22, 2017

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..