No mercy dear Lizzie

No mercy dear Lizzie

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"


                              No mercy dear Lizzie

You found me alone by the St Clair lake and you wore a silky gray dress. I saw you from a distance and I watched you walked quickly toward me. I was alone with my Jack London and Dryden book writing by beloved lake. I rose-up and you embraced me tightly and you whispered. Johnnie. Did you forget me? Did I disappear from your memory and your thoughts?

I embraced her tightly and I told her. I have never forgotten you. You stole my wish and dream many moons ago. I have wished daily to kiss your lips and taste your skin daily. My deadly silence prayers I do alone to the Lake St. Clair. I have wished often for seconds, hours and days to be in your eyes. My heart is empty without you and my pen is silence. I pray to the midnight moon for us to find smoke and darkness where love is hidden from the light of life.

Dear Lizzie looked sad and she asked. Have you danced with the devil Johnnie? Have you danced and sang to the moon? Do you know the hunger of wild and crazy love? Have you forgot me and you are willing to accept less?

I kissed her lips a hundred times and we held hands like old lovers.  She smiled and she told me. Look at my new tattoos. They have meaning and purpose. I have dandelions on my chest to show. Love is wild and free. I have wild flowers on back for you. Because you make me feel that I'm beautiful and needed. Wild and free. If you don't love me no-more. I will be torn apart forever and please have the mercy of still loving me still.

I put my face into her neck and free-flowing brown hair and I whispered to her. I will always love you dear Lizzie.  I shall love you till the end of time. You are my chaos in my controlled life. I would be willing to change my path to be by your side in the long days and the kind nights. We are the moon and the sun. The world ensured we are apart. For if I could. I would steal you away to a tropical place and we would never return. We would drink the rum and be fearless and crazy again.

Lizzie smiled and she whispered. You told me often. Life is fair and one day, if life is kind. We will get what we deserve. You and I. Our locked-up life will end one day and we will find our proper place. I will not give-up or give-in. We shall have the rum, the dance and the tropical sun one day dear Johnnie.

Johnnie gave her a silence kiss in agreement. Two people sit by Lake St. Clair. Holding tightly to wishes and dreams.
               John Castellenas/Coyote




© 2017 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Indeed, wonderful poet, love is wild and free and it should be that way to thrive. We don't always get what we deserve in love or in life, but if we have experienced true love, we are fortunate. There is a bittersweetness to this one, John....and it is a wonderful story. Lydi**

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Lydia. I appreciate the comment.



Reviews

Indeed, wonderful poet, love is wild and free and it should be that way to thrive. We don't always get what we deserve in love or in life, but if we have experienced true love, we are fortunate. There is a bittersweetness to this one, John....and it is a wonderful story. Lydi**

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Lydia. I appreciate the comment.
It seems your ghost come to visit John. And if they provide the inspiration for such as the above that can be no bad thing. This is writing and memories of an era and one I can really associate with.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you and you are right. Leonard Cohen and the old songs. Make the old days come alive again. I .. read more
This story is so poetic. Actually, the literal techniques used make it even more poetic for example caesura. Though, you wouldn't describe stopping in prose as caesura but it sounds like it. I think you did that to reflect the narrator's feelings of overwhelmingness. Also, the story is so beautiful yet so sad. It sounds like the narrator is hallucinating an image of his lover who is dead or something like a mentally unstable man hallucinating somebody's company. Its awfully beautiful. Im going to save this and re-read it whenever i feel down.A 100/100 rating

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. Not dead. Just a impossible wish.
My favourite lines would be-
"Have you danced with the devil Johnnie? Have you danced and sang to the moon? Do you know the hunger of wild and crazy love? "
Fabulous write! You sum up that wildness of love so well!



Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend. All of us need some wildness and freedom.
John - what a testimony to forever love. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Take care - Dave

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Dave for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Dave

6 Years Ago

I'm glad to be able to do it. You write so expressively you make it easy for me.
Take care -.. read more
' You are my chaos in my controlled life. I would be willing to change my path to be by your side in the long days and the kind nights. We are the moon and the sun.'

That surely has to be the highlighted truth when it comes to daring to be with... As always you romp gently, suggesting passion and need in the most delicate of ways. Your Lizzie (dressed in the silky grey dress) still cared, you felt the same. Time had locked you into such a beautiful place.

Succulent writing, John..(want a tattoo like that!)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

A very nice tattoo and thank you dear friend for reading and the comment.
emmajoy

6 Years Ago

Tis always a pleasure to share your memories, John.
A poem I wish would go on and on. Beautiful imagery in words and pictures- dandelion tattoo "on my chest to show Love is wild and free"-so loving and soulfull. "Please have the mercy of still loving me still." - so meaningful and pure.Johnnie & Lizzie& Lake St. Clair-brilliant.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Annette. I appreciate the comment.
Tender and sweet moments, described in small bit of pieces.

Flawless.

I enjoyed reading your work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Jobira for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
As you always do, you capture the bitter sweetness of life and put it into each encounter in a bed of romantic wild flowers, tinged with the wilt of life's brutal boot Coyote.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you John for reading and the comment. Some temptations are too dangerous to touch. When you do.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

391 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 1, 2017
Last Updated on June 1, 2017

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..