The Water, the Sky and the Earth  chapter 6/7

The Water, the Sky and the Earth chapter 6/7

A Chapter by Coyote Poetry
"

New chapters

"

The Water, the Sky and the Earth
Silent Bobcat/Dark Moon Part six


(Very few men or woman are born with the skills of education
and the ability to speak. The eloquence speakers such as a
Nelson Mandela. He can teach and hold our attention with words
that lead our confused minds to the right road to be on.)
Coyote



Early Spring of 1965. A Ojibwa grandmother waited. The mother’s water broke too early. The  Mother would die in birth of the child and the grandmother who  took her daughter to the hospital in Houghton, Mi.  was in deep sadness. The usual home birth wasn’t possible at their home. The old man Dark Hawk watched the moon. It was a cloudy night. He whispered, it is a dark moon. He pray for his granddaughter and grandchild. A silent prayer not to scare his wife holding her daughter in the back seat. They arrived at the Houghton hospital. The daughter whispered to her mother Antoinette. “Please take care of my baby if something bad happens.” The mother whispered “she would be fine.” Her last words spoken to her mother.

They wait in the corner. Two Ojibwa Native American. Very lonely in the white man hospital. The people who walked by looks at the dark hair and dark eyes people with dislike. The Doctor had to do a C-section. Many hour later the Doctor came out with a sad face. Told them the young woman died during the birth. The Doctor asked where the Father was? Dark Hawk told the Doctor “He went to Vietnam eight months ago. No words in a long time.” Dark Hawk spread the unlit sage around the child. He lights the sage. Blesses the baby girl. Tears are falling for his daughter. He sings to the night stars.

“Great Spirit
Protect my little bambino.
She don’t speak much.
She was born under a dark moon.
Born with a broken heart.
My white Ojibwa princess.

He told the moon and the stars.
I will call her Silent Bobcat.
Bright eyes and a sad heart.
Small and so beautiful.”

Silent Bobcat is small compared to the other children. She is seven years old. Her skills in English amaze the teachers. She is reading at High School level. Writing poetry and stories at the skill of a college student. Her questions can’t be answered by her white teachers. She goes to the old Shaman. He told her great stories. All the other Ojibwa laugh. He told her keep her questions for him and Dark Hawk, her Grandfather. The teacher Brett brought her Grandparent in for a conference. He told them she is gifted and needs better schools than what the reservation can offer. The Elders of the tribe gather. The old Medicine man told them “The child needed education and protection. He had vision of a child being born with the gift of knowledge and words. She needed the education of the Native ways and the world. They decided for the safety of the child to sent her to Don Francis. He was a teacher out in the west who have taught the Naguals and Medicine men for 50 years. She would go to a private Catholic school to be taught many languages. Don Francis would protect her and allow her spirit to heal and grow. The Grandparent agreed. Late one evening two Ojibwa people with a seven year old girl were on a Greyhound to California. The deal was simple. The Grandparent must stay with Silent Bobcat.

Spring 1975

Quiet Bobcat took the hands of Red Fox. She felt his pain. Her brown eyes looked into his eyes. She whispered “We will learn to overcome our pain and sadness together.” The two walked into a large house. Art and drawings on every wall in the house. Don Francis told them. “My home is your home always.” Antoinette come from the kitchen. She told them “Welcome and tells them I have flesh water and food.” Silent Bobcat runs to her. announces “This is my sweet Grandmother Antoinette.” After the meal. Dark Hawk came in and told them. “Welcome.” Don Francis brought the four together. He study them. The room is at the back of the house. A large window to look out at the desert of Mexico. Coyote asked “What can we learn to save Earth? We are just kids with no directions.” Silent Bobcat smiled. Stood up and danced around the room. She told them. “The will of one heart can affect the mind and hearts of many. We are the seeds of the awakening of millions. Us Native Americans must awake our sleeping spirit and show the greedy and hateful men of the Water, Sky and Earth the way to live in peace with nature.”

Little Wolf hugged Silent Bobcat. Red Fox puts his big arms around Coyote. Smiles and told them. We are ready Don Francis. Don Francis burned the sage to cleanse the bad spirits from the room. He closed his eyes and begin to speak.

” Great Spirit
Protector of all living things.
Give us the strength and
Will to go forward.
Thank you Great Spirit.
For the blue water.
The green earth.
The great sky.
That allow us to live.
Thank you Great Spirit.
Please give us the strength to go on.”

Chief Joseph came into the room. He told them. “Many skills and strength are in each of us. The control of the power of healing, dreaming and to know(Knowledge) can take 50 years. To become a Nagual. Oldest of all Medicine men takes a lifetime. The steps are difficult. You four are all different. Many gifts you already control and use. Together you can do great things. But I need an answer. You must decide with your heart and soul. If you want to take this journey. Can lead you to some bad places hidden in your heart and mind. Except for Silent Bobcat. She will go to school and be educated. Teach us and show us the way to help save the Water, Sky and the Earth.The Water, Sky and the Earth Chapter seven

.

The Water, Sky and the Earth.
Little Wolf, the healer. Part seven

“It is my land, my home, my father’s land,
to which I now ask to be allowed to return.
I want to spend my last days there, and be
buried among those mountains. If this could
be I might died in peace, feeling that my people,
placed in their native homes, would increase in
numbers, rather than diminish as at present,
and that our names would not become extinct.”
Geronimo

 

Don Francis prepared the tarragon tea. He was feeling older and more tire today. The kids brought him hope and energy. He knew death was close by. He lived a good and long life. He worried for Silent Bobcat. She was so strong-minded and smart. She would need a lot of support and guidance. He had taught many the secret of the desert. The natural cures were at-hand for all people willing to see them. The plants were for men and woman with wisdom to find and understand. He saw great wisdom and strength in little Wolf eyes. He hopes she had the strength and will to assist Silent Bobcat. He saw the four in his dreams for a long time. He knew Coyote was hard-headed and strong-willed. If he got something in his vision. It would get accomplished. Red Fox swim in war and violence. The education of war would make him the peaceful one. Little Wolf is the calm. Her gentle soul will bring peace to the two men. Silent Bobcat was born under a dark sky. Her eyes don’t hide the sadness. She will be the wisdom and hope. Don Francis hoped and dreams the Native Americans would rise up and show the world the road to living in peace with the Water, Sky and the Earth.

He had long conversation with Chief Joseph. They have known each other for over forty years. They took many long walks to discover what may lay in the future. Chief Joseph was the dreamer. He fore told of the four native Americans many years ago. He saw the violence of Vietnam. Saw the wall of racism begin to fall down. Saw the great lakes and oceans being polluted. He saw in bad dreams the Water, Sky and the Earth slowly dying. Sickness and hunger would give man his final goal. Death of all human life. Chief Joseph knew time was limited. He had a vision of four strong hearts. They would give the Native Americans the will to fight and lead in the protection of the Water, Sky and the Earth.Don Francis was born to a Apache/Mexican parent. He was taught by a wise Nagual from the Yucatan Peninsula Don Carlos. Don Carlos found him drunk and confused lost in the desert. He was sixteen years old. With a pissed off attitude and no place to go. Don Carlos took him in. Made him go to Mexico city to go to school. Taught him to respect the desert. Don Francis sat and watched the moon rise from the east. He prays.
Great Spirit
” Be kind to an old man.
Give me more time on
the great Earth.
Thank you for another
good day to be alive.
Please protect my children
and all children.
Of this great Earth.
Give me wisdom and strength.
Great Spirit.
Please give wisdom to all
men and woman.
Thank you great Spirit.”

 

Little Wolf awoke early. Don Francis asked her to take a short walk into the desert. They walked about a mile from the house and sat down. The desert was peaceful and calm in the early morning. He asked her. ‘You had a hard and long journey. What will you do now? ” She smiled and told him. “Chief Joseph brought us here. I don’t know what to do next. Coyote is going to Korea. Red Fox will be training Marines. I have no place to go. My mother told me to stay away for there was nothing left in North Carolina. My money is running out soon. I must do something.” Don Francis smiled. Told her “Years ago I left my home and a good man Don Carlos took me in. He made me go to school in Mexico City. He taught me to be a healer. He touched her face. Ask her. Would you want to be a healer?” She asked will you make me go to school? He smiled. Told her “To understand plants and nature. You must understand science. I would want you to go to college. “She bowed her head down. With sad eyes ask “Will I be Okay?” Don Francis wrapped his arms around her. Told her “Life is long and very hard. We must overcome great mountains and barriers. But we must enter the fight to know great pleasures and be able to do great things.”

At the house. Chief Joseph was making sausage and fry bread. Little Wolf goes to Coyote and Red Fox. She told them I was staying here. She asked them “Please return to me here.” Coyote laughed and told her. “You are stuck with me my beauty.” Red Fox hugged her. “Whisper no-one wants an old Cheyenne anyway.”  Silent Bobcat with a beautiful smile. Gave each one a hug. She told them all. “You are my family now.”

 

Coyote



© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A re-write

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on March 11, 2018
Last Updated on March 11, 2018


Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing