Home, sweet home.

Home, sweet home.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"
See the source imageThe White cliffs of
Places gthem. They knew home was nea
















The White cliffs of Dover

Places gain value when you are surrounded by  war. The World War one and the World War two soldiers dreams of coming home. The white cliffs of Dover, when they saw them. They knew home was near. Home, sweet home. I saw the white cliffs of Dover in 1977. I could feel the joy of men here and gone. So many wonderful poems for the white cliffs of Dover. Words, written to honor her and England.
The white cliffs of Dover, the first marker of home, sweet home was near. A thousand soldiers cheered when they saw the white cliffs. They had fought in land drowning in blood and they left many brothers  on foreign soil. War left no sweetness for them.
They needed to touch the England shores, kiss the soil and praise the land. The white cliffs of Dover welcomed them home with open arms and in a quiet whisper. Broken or not. She embraced them and she thanks them for serving and protecting freedom.






                The Tennessee  river
We spend one year in the Iraq heat and dust. Damn desert, no trees, no water and hot as hell. We are surrounded by sand and garbage.
My friend Bill told me often.  Soon I will leave this place and I will return to Tennessee. I will be home in late Spring. I will take a 30 day leave and all I will do is fish in the Tennessee river. Drink some cold beer and I won’t never complain
about the Tennessee weather. Rain or shine.  I will be thankful to be home.
Coyote

© 2019 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
You're having or had great journey of worldwide beautiful places friend...we thank you for sharing the experience and details with us and the morale laying on those places too....I really enjoyed the White Cliff of Dover story....soldiers igniting together for serving and protecting their motherland and just for the home sweet home....and then the calm still fishing on the Tennessee river must've been great enjoyment in deserted....
Well me on simple words...I loved reading it...thanks for sharing Coyote😊

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Tahsin. Some places have great meaning. White cliffs of Dover is one of them.
¿

5 Years Ago

You're heartedly welcomed😊!



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Many a time it takes hardship, tragedy to make us truly value the beauty of the world around us and how lucky we are to live this life.
True words Coyote that will resonate with many, more so with those that have served.
Top writing

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I as looking at my old photos. I have five photos of the Cliffs of Dover. A gra.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
You're having or had great journey of worldwide beautiful places friend...we thank you for sharing the experience and details with us and the morale laying on those places too....I really enjoyed the White Cliff of Dover story....soldiers igniting together for serving and protecting their motherland and just for the home sweet home....and then the calm still fishing on the Tennessee river must've been great enjoyment in deserted....
Well me on simple words...I loved reading it...thanks for sharing Coyote😊

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Tahsin. Some places have great meaning. White cliffs of Dover is one of them.
¿

5 Years Ago

You're heartedly welcomed😊!

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

436 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 30, 2018
Last Updated on November 17, 2019

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lost Lost

A Poem by Mark


Journey Journey

A Poem by MOON