The song of May

The song of May

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Some words.

"

                  The song of May

I am taking the train to Basel. Dear Alexandra is waiting in the city of wonder for me. She found me on the poetry site and she told me. Johnnie, I am so damn lonely. Do you have time for a broken lady?

I told her, dear Alexandra, I always have time for you. I am in Honduras, writing my final book and her face would be a blessing for my eyes to see. Where do we meet? She told me. I want the place where you and I, we danced by the river and drank the ambrosia wine. Can we revive the nights when you were truly alive? I told her, the first day of May, I will be waiting for you in Basel by our bridge. I can't promise a miracle but dear Alexandra. I will give you everything I have left.

The train ride seem to last forever and I remembered when me and Alexandra were 19 years old, brave and wild in heart. We believed we could save our world. We traveled to Paris in early Spring, drank gallons of wine, danced nude by the open window, made love by the river Seine and we never left the hotel room except for food and the nightly wandering. She was the most beautiful woman, I ever seen. We made promises, we could not keep. She had college and I had my wars.

We loved Basel, the Swiss mountain and the beautiful city bewitched us. Every May for three years, we would spend a week in the city of beauty. The old city, we roamed, sought out the best wines in huge wine stores. We befriended many and we made plans. One day. Alexandra and me, would stop running and find a small apartment in the city, drink wine, write story and take grand field trips to Florence. I wrote some  poetry for her in a almost filled journal.

                          "Alexandra

My goddess, my muse, my lover, my killer.
I loved you more than the moon, the stars and the sea.
You taught me love was sweet,
you taught me love was lonely.
You made me feel invincible and you made me cry.
We had too many goodbyes and not enough hello.
One I believe love was life, life was love.
Today I know,
love, just myth and tale.
Dear Alexandra,
I made a thousand deadly wishes to see your face.
In a hour,
two lions will face each other and they will learn.
Is love forever and kind?"


                      "The song of May


The sweetest month,
the days of May,
the kiss of the Spring days make sleeping nature come alive,
the flowers are blooming and the trees are dancing in the gentle wind.
Kind May,
was Alexandra days of joy.
She would take off her shoes, run barefoot in the valley of the flowers.
wear her Spring dresses of cotton and
we would dance for the warm sun.
My song of May,
just wishes to know the sweetest kisses,
to relearn,
some sweet dreams,
can come true."

I left the train and I roamed to the bridge. The kids were enjoying the days of Spring. Flying large kites making the sky look magical and beautiful. A gentle touch awoke me and dear Alexandra faced me. Her eyes, golden brown and she was more beautiful than I remembered. She whispered. You are older and you became the poet of my dreams. I am here Johnnie. What do we do now? I brought her near and I told her. I won't release you dear Alexandra. I learn many things, more bad than good. I know, you were my blessing and only kindness I knew. Please stay, let's find a small apartment in Basel. We can drink coffee, write story and read books till noon. Find the best cafes drink ambrosia wine  and I will never release you hand. She smiled, kissed me and she whispered. Dear poet, your will, is my only wish.

                                 Dancing Coyote

© 2019 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your poems and stories are always so sincere, so real.. the reader walks alongside you. Hoping and dreaming with you, not in a nosey way but. in the glow of how you feel, how you and your love make the most beautiful long.lasting memories. Thank you for sharing both your nostalgic and romantic prose and poems, John..

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you dear Emma. I appreciate the comment. If I was a rich man. Basel, would be my home.
emmajoy

5 Years Ago

We all need special places..



Reviews

This... is just amazing. I loved every single detail of this piece. You just make a person's day in every single word. You have a very decent talent on writing wonders. I felt every word, every description and every single type of change the story/poems were developed. You amazed me once again. Thank you so much for this wonderful piece.
My best regards,
Alexandra

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Alexandra. I am glad you enjoy.
Nostalgic romance at its best what memories you have Coyote. I have visited Switzerland myself in May and know just how beautiful it can be. Chocolate box beauty. Lovely read.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Switzerland is wonderful. One day I return and visit her. Thank you dear Chris for reading and the c.. read more
As always you weave in detail a picture for the reader to drink down as the romance and the excitiement builds and the wine flows and the dancing starts. You take us to romantic places and feed us deep romantic notions Coyote John.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you John for reading and the comment. I appreciate my friend.
A delightful reminiscence, a heady second chance most of us deny ourselves. I could never find my way back to remembered days, and so I write to capture meanings of the formative moments. Your delightful songs warm the heart and brighten the sky. I will follow you for a time.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and following. I do appreciate.
Your poems and stories are always so sincere, so real.. the reader walks alongside you. Hoping and dreaming with you, not in a nosey way but. in the glow of how you feel, how you and your love make the most beautiful long.lasting memories. Thank you for sharing both your nostalgic and romantic prose and poems, John..

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you dear Emma. I appreciate the comment. If I was a rich man. Basel, would be my home.
emmajoy

5 Years Ago

We all need special places..

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 30, 2019
Last Updated on April 30, 2019

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..