Did I give enough?/Did we bleed?

Did I give enough?/Did we bleed?

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Nick Caves and some words.

"


Did we give enough?/Did we bleed?



The loco Monterey Poet shouted  to the sea. Did I give enough?/did we bleed? The prettiest girl in Monterey, she laughed at his words. She tossed off her shoes and she joined him. Two almost lovers danced near the sea, for the moon, for the million stars above.
She whispered into his wanting ear. Last year, you promised me everything. You promised to stay with me and we stripped bare and I allowed you into the places where true lovers roam and seek. I remember you wrote upon the skin of my legs with ink and touch.
“True love, fools love.
Wild love, free love.
Untamed love, forever love.
We are falling into the fragrant of love,
I love the allure of your long legs, the curves of your perfect valleys and peaks.
I love the way you share the verses of the ancient lovers.
You are my everything”
You left me without a proper goodbye in the Fall. I watched the planes fly away and I received your letter. Your wrote me. The war call came and the soldiers must go. I will miss you my love and please forgive me for leaving you. I cried and my broken heart bleed to paper. Please come home and be alright. Please don’t die my love. You returned and I am thankful. Didn’t I bleed enough for you? Didn’t I give enough?
The poet brought her closer and he whispered. When I was in Asia, I thought of you in the morning, I told the sun. Please God of life and death. Send happiness to my Monterey love. In the night, your face haunted my memory. Was a needed memory. Kept me alert and wishing for you and the Pacific ocean. I pray you would forgive me and if you want me to leave you be. I do understand my love.
The prettiest girl in Monterey, she took a stick from the sea and she wrote upon the sand.
“I love you my sweet love,
you are my everything and the broken heart girl,
 forgive you.”
In the magic of the midnight hours. Blessed poet wrote on tender skin with pen and touch.
“My divine lady,
my Gypsy girl of the sea.
My dearest muse.
Allow me to drink in your beauty,
allow me to fall into your arms.
allow us to become one in this messy world.
I love you my dearest love.
                         Dancing Coyote

© 2020 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Dancing coyote is writing so beautifully, your muse is top notch. I loved this too. I could literary see the characters.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you dear Cassie. The questions of love. Haunting questions in old age.
Nick Cave would be proud, some outstanding writing, Coyote , my, heart bleeds a little every time I read , amazing writing,

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 14, 2020
Last Updated on January 14, 2020

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing