Same Old Lang Syne

Same Old Lang Syne

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Some words.

"

 Same Old Lang Syne 



Old letter saved in a box. Once the sweetest words I knew from a kind woman. Now became heavy memories.
I found her again in 1996 and we held hands at a coffee shop, kissed often and we learn.

We can't return to where we left. She told me, divorced and a little girl and I am a nurse and I am doing okay. You are still a soldier and did you find your wars, your adventures and the sea?

She caressed my face, my eyes were heavy with sadness and I told her. I learn too late, once I had everything and I didn't appreciate. I am glad you have a child. Children are the wealth of a life. Teach us, love is everything and more.

Her eyes filled-up with tears and for a second. I remember the nineteen year old girl who made me forget who I was. I remember our midnight dances and how we held each other so tightly. Like we knew, love was just seconds, minutes and hours.

We drank coffee and we held hands. She talks and I listen. She asked me, where are you now? I told her, I am at Fort Hood, Texas. I go back in three days and I did find my wars, touched my feet down in forty counties and drank to your beautiful memory. I wished you came along with me.

She smiled and she kissed my hands and she whispered. You were wild sea and I was the quiet lake. I couldn't keep up with you. You wanted to save a world, that didn't want to be saved. I pray for you still, I pray you found some kind of peace. 

I told her. Foolish men, never find peace. She embraced me tightly and we kissed long and sweet. She gave me her phone number and I watched her walk away slowly.

Now I read her letters, the kind and sweet words are gold to a wiser heart. I told the Lake St. Clair. Tell Jenny, thank you for the dance. She was my ambrosia wine in a damn life. 

Coyote

© 2020 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Love rekindled. With age comes wisdom. We think and see things differently. Sometimes we had what was important without realising it at the time. This was beautiful to read Coyote and I do think one of your most memorable writes. Now you have letters and a telephone number.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you dear Chris and you are right. Most of us learn the hard ways.



Reviews

It's heartbreaking, isn't it? Then again, we make choices based on what is right for us at the moment, so it never could have gone any other way. We look back with such regret, but your character is a free spirit, a Lone Ranger, a romantic. There's definitely a challenge to be faced when you are both an adventurer and a romantic.
I know a man like this. I couldn't keep up with him either, and he found another woman on his travels. I went on my own adventures. We come home alone and look for each other, but each time there's a little more distance between us than before. This has me thinking...
Thank you,
Laura.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

You are right dear Laura. The distance of two, expand to far away places. Thank you for reading and .. read more
But I am foolish as well...and we do keep searching even if don't necessarily find our wars or our peace, or our peace after wars.
This is one of those writes which prove that we can never really go back. things won't be the same as they once were and we can't force them to be.

j.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

I agree Jacob. We learn too late, few second chances. Thank you for reading and the comment.
Love rekindled. With age comes wisdom. We think and see things differently. Sometimes we had what was important without realising it at the time. This was beautiful to read Coyote and I do think one of your most memorable writes. Now you have letters and a telephone number.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you dear Chris and you are right. Most of us learn the hard ways.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 27, 2020
Last Updated on July 27, 2020

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing