Love is love

Love is love

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Poem ten for April. The poetry month.

"
                              Love is love
A noble beauty read her poetry at the Austin, Texas yearly poetry reading. Jessica was disappointed with her life and she read her words to us.
"I weaved a page with just words upon the paper.
The folly of life had turned my mind to madness.
I love someone, who I should not.
Blind world does not understand.
You can't stop love and when we drink in the kiss,
the holy embrace.
Faithful heart can fall to never-ending dreams and hope.
We can shed our clothing,
we can scream toward the moon.
We can be bare-naked in the melancholy of love and never allow true emotions to be found or felt.
Do we control love?
Forlorn love leave us feeling helpless and alone.
Should I be brave in the company of love?"
We clapped our hands for her and she returned to her seat. I went to the small stage and I read my poem. I told the 40 or so people. This is for Jessica.
"You can't stop a storm and you can't stop the rain.
When love is near and our heart is dancing.
The charm of love make us want to kiss and play.
Love is love and
when our eyes captured love,
when someone beautiful face steal our mind and heart.
We must kiss and pray.
Pray the love is returned to us and the treasured embrace come easy and kind.
No-one can stop a Winter storm,
no-one can stop the rain on a rainy day in April.
No glory in wishing for midnight kisses,
no glory to allow. Sweet dreams to die.
Love is love and
when love is near.
borrow, loan and steal to keep alive.
Better to disappoint everyone and know the sweetness of love.
When the fragrant of love surround us,
dance, sing and drink the ambrosia wine till the moon fall into the sea.
Make the days and nights last forever.
Made-up rules are for the cold in heart.
Remember love is love.
A kiss is just a kiss unless it is pleasing kiss,
we can never forget.
Deny love leave us,
wishing on the first star and last star of the night.
Making dandelion wishes and learning too late.
When love is near.
Hold on tight."
I looked at Jessica beautiful face and she smiled. She found me later at the tavern later drinking the Long Island ice teas and she asked me. Dark poet, do you follow your own advice? I told her. Dear Jessica, I didn't. This is why I sit alone on a Friday night wishing I didn't run from love. Now I wished I ran to her. Kept her safe and sound. Too late for a old soldier. She laid her head on my shoulder and she told me. We have been friends for three years and you give me sage advice always. I will give you my sage advice now. Please Johnnie, find someone to make you smile. I did and I will go to her. Your gentle words touched my heart. You are right. Love is love and we can't stop her.
Coyote

© 2021 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Number 10 for poetry month of April.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Filled with feeling, this one, as your work usually is. There are many people like Jessica, to whom love has not always been kind. Of course, love is like everything else in this world; if it doesn't always make you happy, it can still teach you something.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. More unhappy people than happy people. But we must .. read more



Reviews

Filled with feeling, this one, as your work usually is. There are many people like Jessica, to whom love has not always been kind. Of course, love is like everything else in this world; if it doesn't always make you happy, it can still teach you something.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. More unhappy people than happy people. But we must .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
1 Review
Added on April 10, 2021
Last Updated on April 10, 2021

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing