The Coyote song, lest we forget...

The Coyote song, lest we forget...

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Beautiful Joni Mitchell and some words.

"

                       Lest we forget

Lately the days have become slower and I want less. Once the wild Coyote ran and ran till he found some pleasure, some laughter and a safe place to rest.

Now the night raven is whispering to me. Johnnie, Johnnie. Where are you? Time to run, time to escape.

Now sorrow had caught me. I tell the rising sun, lest we forget who we were, lest we forgot, once we were brave and strong. Now the old man put his feet into Lake Huron and the cold water. Awake his sleeping mind.

He told the dancing water. Once I danced with beautiful butterflies who could make the sky bluer, the world sweeter. We waltz with the Pacific ocean and  we laughed at life. I was brave and fearless once.

Now I am shackles to fear and doubt now. I told the sun above me. I don't blame God or the devil. I decided my journey and I landed where I decided to be.

I can hear the wind singing me a song. Johnnie, let's weave a better story. Let's be careless and suicide board the sea, find the highest mountain and free-climb her. Be a cloud dancers again and find a pretty lady and tell her, you love her. You ain't done yet. Life can be endless or a dead-end? Coyote, Coyote. The sea is waiting for you to burn some sage and for you to pray.

I will pray for the people needing the attention of the healing of the earth, the sea and the earth. Pray for our world to know peace. Pray, my coyote spirit is still with me. 

Today the Coyote will find Lake Huron, maybe get drunk on kisses by a ginger hair gal and dance with the end-less lake. I will burn some white sage and know no regrets. Maybe I will howl at the rising moon and dance with the ravens? The Coyote told the Lake Huron. I should of danced more, loved more. Told more beautiful and kind ladies. I loved them so. Maybe the Coyote will go west toward the sea? Maybe the Pacific ocean can make him believe. Life is more dancing, more laughter and he isn't dead yet. Maybe I will howl loudly to the night sea. Tell her, thank you for teaching me. I am more than I believe I am.

Coyote

© 2021 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

dear John... there are those who makes us feel...
we can be more than we are. I love the Song. "You light up my Life"...
Life is a Gift from the Sea... thereby we can Dream... of Sea Dragons and
Snap Dragons with flowers of lavender and yellow. We can be mellow and
dance where Mermaids watch from a Rock. You could be their Wish come true.
gently, Pat


Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I have seen dear Pat. A new series on TV. Called Sirens. Gave a new vision of the mermaid.
Patricia Wedel

2 Years Ago

dear John… I will try to locate the Series “Sirens”on TV.. gently, Pat
Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

The mermaids are beautiful in the show. Powerful and scary also. I believe you will like. I believe .. read more



Reviews

dear John... there are those who makes us feel...
we can be more than we are. I love the Song. "You light up my Life"...
Life is a Gift from the Sea... thereby we can Dream... of Sea Dragons and
Snap Dragons with flowers of lavender and yellow. We can be mellow and
dance where Mermaids watch from a Rock. You could be their Wish come true.
gently, Pat


Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I have seen dear Pat. A new series on TV. Called Sirens. Gave a new vision of the mermaid.
Patricia Wedel

2 Years Ago

dear John… I will try to locate the Series “Sirens”on TV.. gently, Pat
Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

The mermaids are beautiful in the show. Powerful and scary also. I believe you will like. I believe .. read more


maybe the names will change and the places too but this particular poem will undoubtedly mean an awful lot to so many out here and run like a personal autobiographical anthem ... quite simply awesome words Johnnie C and truly ..

Neville

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you Neville. All of us need to find something worthwhile to live for.
Neville

2 Years Ago


....... no one in their write minds gonna argue with ya Coyote ..
Bear with me here. This might be a bit longer than a quick review. When we reach a certain age, we have what I call a winepress experience. We feel flattened. All our youth and energy running out and our skin left empty and useless. We see all the things we haven't done and reckon with all we will never do. We let go of dreams and grieve the loss of things we didn't know we would lose. It can be the lowest point in our lives and we may confront our mortality, wondering if it is worth going on. But if we can get through the pressing, we find we are transformed. We find we have a different purpose. We have different abilities and different ways of doing things. No, we are not the same. We aren't a ripe, juice grape waiting to be plucked and tasted. We are aged wine, mellow and full bodied and increasing in value. We may have to be careful how we move, how long we sit before we are fully ready. But we can still intoxicate. Now go out there and howl!

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you dear Zoe. Now I have five grandchildren. Five coyotes to howl with. We do become slower bu.. read more
Just realised, Joni Mitchel sang Coyote on the last waltz, great album.
Time and the years pass bye, we reflect too much and that usually ends up in an alcohol cocktail.
Must admit, though, I think the all night sessions maybe over, takes a week to recover now.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I agree Paul. I could drink till 3 am and I could run. Six miles in the morning with my soldiers. No.. read more
I think my journey landed me where am suppose to be....I really do.
Love Joni Mitchell...."Help me I think i'm falling...in love again"
Maybe she knows more than we do.

my love is far from dead...but I don't know that.
j.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Hello Jacob and I love Joni Mitchell too. Thank you for reading and the comment.
"Once I danced with beautiful butterflies who could make the sky bluer, the world sweeter. We waltz with the Pacific ocean and we laughed at life. I was brave and fearless once." Such introspection and reflection! Yes, time does change us all, John. We are not meant to stay the same in life. That would be boring! The imagery of dancing with butterflies is so soft, so silky.....I loved this one. Lydi**

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you dear Lydia. Been a hard week. Mother passed and I been reflection on life and things. I ap.. read more
Lydia Shutter

2 Years Ago

I am so sorry for your loss, John. May her memory forever be a blessing to you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 3, 2021
Last Updated on August 3, 2021

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..