A little mercy now...

A little mercy now...

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

November poetry number thirteen.

"
A little mercy now...
I know, I am fragments of what I was. Once loud mouth and crazy man. His eyes are heavy with sadness and memories. He told the falling sun. The mercy of a  long life. We learn to speak less, listen more.
Today my world is more silence. I will visit another mentor, a kind person who was kind to me. I have learn that time will take her toll and the people we loved, our safe havens will leave us.
I am fragment of what I was. Once business man, maybe poet, once wild man, soldier and outcast who loved the sin, gin and the sea. Now he slumbered in new dreams.
Now the elixir of the ambrosia wine is less sweet. My eyes are weaker, my back is sore and my mind is leaving me. I see a old man looking back at me in the  mirror.
I remember kind faces, I remember easy voices that had left my world. Now I hear them in my voice when I speak to my children.
I asked the Lake St. Clair. Do tears kill the heart? Do tears make us forget? Do tears make us heal and pray? Maybe we suppose to need less, give more?
The fabric of life cannot be stopped or changed. I wonder do the dead remember us? I write names of grandparent, parent, brothers, family and friends to paper. I burn the paper with sage and I hope. The one's, that I loved me. They know, I remember them and I am thankful for their kindness.
Today I am in the Autumn of my life. I walk slower, talk less and appreciate more. I learn, like my mentors did. We are here just for awhile. We are just teachers, protectors and examples for the grandchildren.
Today I will visit my kind and gentle friend is holding life on a thread of life and I wish I had words to tell her. Thank you my gentle and wonderful friend. You made my world better.
 I pray today. When I leave this world. Maybe I leave my world better than I was given? Please Lord of life and death. I need a little mercy today. Make me wise and give me wisdom.
John Castellenas

© 2021 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

you speak the words of
wisdom John as the days
speak and years teach .
I often wonder about the
meaning of life as we enter
the twilight of our years..
and for me anyway;ife is
all about the children..
and our already dead ..

I wonder do the dead remember us?
some heavy thoughts to ponder
within this poem..

so well pennef






Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you dear Fran and with old age. We learn what is truly important. Thank you for reading and th.. read more



Reviews

I think the best approach to meeting someone's needs are straight forward. We should simply tell friends and family what they mean to us. So those words never go unsaid.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I agree dear Cherrie. We need to tell the folks we love. We need and love them. Thank you for readin.. read more
Cherrie Palmer

2 Years Ago

John, How could I not commit. This writing was lovely and moving.
you speak the words of
wisdom John as the days
speak and years teach .
I often wonder about the
meaning of life as we enter
the twilight of our years..
and for me anyway;ife is
all about the children..
and our already dead ..

I wonder do the dead remember us?
some heavy thoughts to ponder
within this poem..

so well pennef






Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you dear Fran and with old age. We learn what is truly important. Thank you for reading and th.. read more
the older we get the more we grow, I enjoyed this write, nicely written and expressed

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you dear Alex. We learn with a long life. What is important or not.
That was incredible. I love the lines "remember kind faces, I remember easy voices that had left my world. Now I hear them in my voice when I speak to my children." It speaks of past of how loved ones live on; through the lessons they've taught. Please make a book of your stories one day.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the kind words. I do appreciate.
people we love leave us and we become more and more humble...the more we know the less we know, and we finally can admit it.
j.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I agree Jacob, the older and the wiser we become. Thank you for reading and the comment.
Today I am in the Autumn of my life. I walk slower, talk less and appreciate more. I learn, like my mentors did. We are here just for awhile. We are just teachers, protectors and examples for the grandchildren.

Love this part so much, It is so true as well. Nicely written

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 14, 2021
Last Updated on November 14, 2021

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..