Lady mischief..

Lady mischief..

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

December poetry number four.

"
 Lady mischief...
The Coyote told the falling Sun, the rising moon. I need less hard days, I need more easy day, cooler nights. I want deep and soulful jazz, the long river near and I love the amber sky and star-lit nights.
He sat alone, good cigar and a Long Island ice tea. A dark hair lady watched him and she went to him. She asked him, jokester Coyote, you look heavy with useless things. Let's the Raven and the Coyote find some mischief. We don't need to look behind us forever, we must seek what is in the front of us.
Coyote, my wild coyote. You and I. We are mischief and tomfoolery.  We are not doubting Thomas and fearful. Let's seek  strong drink, good song and an egg and bacon breakfast. We need to find the river and I need you to sing the coyote's song to me. I will sing with you and I want us to be wild, dangerous and demanding. We are not dead yet and the night is long.
He told her, my Raven, my treasure, my dearest friend. I do need your laughter, your joyous voice. Tonight I yearn for things lost. Let's awake the sleeping city and I need to sing with you tonight. Maybe we can find lost friends, create new songs and create a lullaby of people, who love the mischief of life.
The Raven smiled and she told the Coyote. Tonight the moon is bright and the night is young. I can hear the other coyotes and ravens seeking attention. Maybe we can gather with them. Show the world.
The Jokester and the bird of mischief are alive and well. They have not given-in yet and we are not caged-in yet. Let's find the river, let's dance for the moon and let's tell the stars in the sky. We are not done yet.
Dancing Coyote

© 2021 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review



The raven & the coyote .. wild, dangerous & demanding .. sounds like a marriage made in heaven ... I imagine wild days ahead .. I also really enjoyed visiting these words today my friend .. it has been too long .................. stay well stay safe & write on .. Neville

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Hello Neville and thank you for reading and the comment. We can't allow the world to cage us in.
Neville

2 Years Ago


too bloomin true ...... N



Reviews

A drifter's heart is like them; wild and free. A magical write. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you, M. J. Smith, I appreciate the comment.
There's a folk lore or legend-like flavor to this that I really like. The fact that Raven and Coyote seem to want different things, yet continue to love each other deeply, makes me smile. It seems they'll have a great time, no matter what.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you Samuel for reading and the comment. In the Ojibwa belief. In deep forest, Raven and Coyote.. read more
'. .. to be wild, dangerous and demanding. We are not dead yet and the night is long. '

Your tales keep people hunting for that devilment and danger, John! Seems they're like matches ready to strike, make their own fire, maybe?. Just a thought on a wet and stormy day due to storm Barra!

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Hello dear Emma. We must test life and have some fun. Thank you dear friend for reading and the comm.. read more


The raven & the coyote .. wild, dangerous & demanding .. sounds like a marriage made in heaven ... I imagine wild days ahead .. I also really enjoyed visiting these words today my friend .. it has been too long .................. stay well stay safe & write on .. Neville

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Hello Neville and thank you for reading and the comment. We can't allow the world to cage us in.
Neville

2 Years Ago


too bloomin true ...... N

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 6, 2021
Last Updated on December 6, 2021

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..