Drinking again

Drinking again

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

December poetry number twenty two...

"



Drinking again...


See the source image


Drinking again.


2021 is almost done and she wasn't a good year. I lost good people and my world became more empty. I have my grandchildren, they keep me from running away to no-where. I dreamed of no-where when the whiskey is strong.

No-where would be the quiet of Port Austin, Michigan or Monterey, California.


I feel forgotten and I don't care. All I have is my writing. I need to publish some books before I am dead. Maybe travel to South American. Write a great novel.


My writing is alive. I wrote 300 new stories and poetry in 2021. Tonight I am drinking the Black Velvet, listening to the sweet jazz, remembering no-one and I am writing into my journal tonight.


"I need Jazzy songs, I need the tropical sea, I need spicy food and a kind woman.


The whiskey is tasting better, the jazz is so damn good.


the strong whiskey make my head less crazy, less hazy.


Now I write old man poetry. Once I wanted to save my world.


Now I want to save myself.


I ain't seeking pity, I dug my own grave. No-one to blame.


I know we can't stop time, you can't run away.


We just become men, accepting less."


2022 is coming and I will attempt to awake my sleeping mind. I will try to stir my soul to awake again. Maybe the rhyme of life is fair. We get older, the whiskey will taste better and we will need less.


Happy New year...

© 2021 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I hope 2022 shows more then nights spent with whiskey, my friend. We may get older. But the world needs its elders. I need the elders. I am middle aged. And still I need the balance of wisdom. I have seen wisdom in your words. Thank you for being here for us to find.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you M. J. Smith. Old age, we do get wiser. Maybe?



Reviews

I can so relate to this write. South America, Brazil, Costa Rica...none of those destinations sound too bad. Brazil is flooded right now though. We all begin to feel our mortality past the half-century mark I think, being a decade and more past that, I feel my own more every day. Suffering shoulder impingement syndrome at the moment; it's lovely; like being hit in arm with a sledge hammer when I move, lovely. My buddy Bacardi from Puerto Rico helps a bit so I feel your pain in more ways than one, my friend, here's to a better year for us all. I enjoyed the read. Bless. F.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Hello Fabian and Happy New Year. We must be careful. The rain season in many places. Thank you for r.. read more
I hope that 2022 is a good year for you. I am happy you have grandkids to keep you focused on life. It can be hard to focus in this crazy world. Have you ever published your poetry? If so, do you publish them in a book or individually? You sound like you are a fantastic author. So many books! I dream of publishing one if I am lucky. Be proud of what you have accomplished—cheers to a beautiful 2022.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you, dear Josephine. I will seek publishing this year. I must deep edit.
So much raw emotion and honesty that I feel like I’m right there watching the pain, smelling the whiskey, hearing the wishes with telepathy! Oh how I hope they all come true for you! Write on my friend and Happy New Year! Hugs!

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you dear Patricia and happy New Year my dear friend.
In 80+ yrs, about all I have learned is "that's life!"
It sounds like you and your sister came to accept that at much too young an age
If that novel gets written (down in the tropics ?) hope its a success
At present, buried under atona snow, I'd enjoy the same fate

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Maybe Dave, we can find Costa Rica. We can write the great novels. Happy New Year Dave and thank you.. read more
These words really spoke to me in a profoundly deep and relatable level, CP. Especially this particular line, "Now I write old man poetry. Once I wanted to save my world." Those words resonated with me as I sit here contemplating my life in my mid 50s. I find myself simply moving through the world like a shark does in the sea. Living instinctually in repetition as life passes by. All I can offer the world now are words. For me I hope that is enough. Thank you for sharing your art in words with us my friend.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Me too Carlos. I take care of my grandchildren and pray the world know. We are more the same than di.. read more
Happy New Year dear friend
yes the old father time 2021 is
leaving us..soon we see the
new year 2022 greet us ..these
last 2 year's have been trying
to say the least Covid draining
the joy from life..hopefully we
all live to tell the tales of 2022
as writers it's what we do..so I
drink with you a shot of Kentucky
bourbon perhaps 2 haha Cheers
my friend think positive and be well
Happy New Year!!! Cheers

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Happy New Year dear Fran. I will be working, but after work. I will drink a shot of the Black Velvet.. read more
Three hundred new stories and poems in a year is amazing. I like what you said about wanting to save the world but now you save yourself. Writing sure helps us save ourselves. Like you, I journal. After my husband passed away in 2015 I kept a journal on my computer about my grief journey. A few years later, when John came into my life, I kept a journal of my emotions, our special times together, and some insecurities (that finally got resolved). It probably inspired me to start riding my series, "Adventures with John in his Red Ford Truck". Life is hard. Life is good.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I agree. Writing had been my peace for 50 years and I glad you found John. I hope you keep writing d.. read more
Shelley Warner

2 Years Ago

Thank you Coyote
I believe when you’re drinking your mind thinks in scattered notions, here and there and sometimes nowhere, but ah to write brings the light…a story a poem keeps your blurred mind creative and you become a great poet…here’s a toast to you dear John in your everything mind to have a Happy New year…and don’t drink too much….😊😊😊🍾🍾🍾🍾

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

My mind is scattered when no whiskey. I drink two shots like my Grandfather did. He lived 96 years. .. read more
Betty Hermelee

2 Years Ago

Sounds good to me! Enjoy🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 30, 2021
Last Updated on December 30, 2021

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


In Spirit In Spirit

A Poem by Chris Shaw


Kismet Kismet

A Poem by Chris Shaw