The ballad of the pissed-off lady...

The ballad of the pissed-off lady...

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

January poetry number three.

"
                               The ballad of the pissed-off lady...
She was unbounded and a wounded pretty lady drinking alone. She loved the silence, she loved the whiskey and she loved the sea. She didn't want to talk to more greedy men.
Once she was a wild child, we would kiss the moon and we would kiss and never tell. Only the Goddess of the Pacific sea to see and appreciate.
I wrote to my journal in the distance for her  and I would read to the blue moon later. "You found me, I found you. We were sea-dancers and we loved the dangerous oceans storms. I told her, love shouldn't be a prison, love should make us know majestic days and nights. Make us know madness. I love your raven tattoo on your back and the butterflies on your feet. I was condemned forever to remember the eloquent of your perfect face. I want to roam the landscape of your warm and gentle skin. I love to kiss your knees and watch the movement of your stomach dance with each touch. I love your fatal kiss. You have taught me, life was more than me. Life is dancing with the Pacific in the Winter storms where we become one with the sea. Where we can learn the rapture of knowing. We were brave and free once."
I went to her and I sat with her. I gave her the poetry. She took and she read slowly. Her face seem to become less angry and she turned to me. She smiled and she laughed. She looked hard into my eyes and she asked. Do you remember us? She held the poem to her heart and she told me. Flattery will get you everywhere dear Johnnie. You been gone fighting your damn wars and I have learn sadness. Once, you and me, we loved the wanderlust and to test life rules. You loved my craziness and  you treasured what I loved. You and me had learn. We must be friends first, we must love the same. Life is a gift, love is a blessing. We must enjoy today. Tomorrow will come, we cannot stop time. We love the whiskey, we love the sea. Can you stay with a woman who forgot how to smile, forgot how to laugh?
I kissed her hands, her forehead and her lips. I told her. Life is like the sea. It falls and it rises. We must become part of the sea. Learn how to flow freely and bravely. She smiled and she asked me. Let's leave Austin and find the Texas sea. Let's dance with the sea tonight and let's pray to the rising moon, falling moon. Can we do this Johnnie? I embraced her and I whispered. Okay my beautiful sea dancer.
Dancing Coyote

© 2022 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Life is a gift, love is a blessing. We must enjoy today. Tomorrow will come, we cannot stop time. We love the whiskey, we love the sea. Can you stay with a woman who forgot how to smile, forgot how to laugh?

I first saw the title and said to myself, this is going to be one heck of a story and I was so write, I got to these lines here and loved it so much....
This is really amazing, love this story

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you my dear friend. We need more friends, less thieves. The sea. Safe haven to gain your mind .. read more
Writergurl

2 Years Ago

so true......



Reviews

Learning to live again after the heart is torn still beating from our chests... Daring to believe it could be done... And yet there is a sense of a woman who couldn't bridge the gap and a man haunted by the kind of ghosts only war can create. Sad words, my friend. You make me cry.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you, M. J. Smith. We follow our father's footsteps. Sometimes. The bad ones.
Life is a gift, love is a blessing. We must enjoy today. Tomorrow will come, we cannot stop time. We love the whiskey, we love the sea. Can you stay with a woman who forgot how to smile, forgot how to laugh?

I first saw the title and said to myself, this is going to be one heck of a story and I was so write, I got to these lines here and loved it so much....
This is really amazing, love this story

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you my dear friend. We need more friends, less thieves. The sea. Safe haven to gain your mind .. read more
Writergurl

2 Years Ago

so true......

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 19, 2022
Last Updated on January 19, 2022

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing