Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Pretty Peggy.

Pretty Peggy.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

We can get lost in time...

"
Pretty Peggy...
Once I chased you and all I wanted was a kiss, a dance. I told you often, you were the most beautiful girl in my world. We tried to find love three times. We had your parent bed where we learn need and lust. We had Ann Arbor, where you came to me, needing kindness and tender touch. We had Florida, where we tried to touch a dream that couldn't be. I did love you and love wasn't enough my dear Peggy.
I left her on a rainy Florida morning in 1994. I knew, I would never see her again, as lovers. I didn't cry, I did pray. Beautiful Peggy, please come alive again. Sleeping heart will die alone.
I found her in the year 2000 in Palm Springs. Hugging a whiskey like your last lover. I went to her and I saw deep sorrow in her eyes and she whispered. Where you been Johnnie? I have became older and colder. Did you come to save me or did you come to say our final goodbye?
I embraced her tightly and I told her. Pretty Peggy, you are still looking good. Are you alright? She laughed at my words and she told me. I am sorry Johnnie. I know you loved me and you drove 2000 miles to hold me in 1994. You bought me a wedding ring and I ran from you. Now those kind memories are all I have. 
I kissed her face and I told her. Please dear Peggy, you need to drink less, love more. You ain't done yet. We must fall down to be able to get up. Find places you love, find someone, who will adore you. I do remember my wild girl who love to dance bare-a*s for me, laugh at life misery. I remember holding you tightly and telling you. You are my world.
Peggy drank her whiskey and she looked at me. She told me. Love wasn't my bounty, love wasn't enough. We held passion and bliss once, didn't we? Now I see you are looking strong, the Army life was good for you. I am wore and torn Johnnie. I lost direction.
I kissed her lips and I told her. I am at Fort Steward now. I found a kind woman and I drink no-more. We must decide to seek the good road. I remember you. You were the prettiest and wild girl, I ever known. This girl is inside you still. The whiskey will kill you, loneliness will drown you. Please dear Peggy. Find the place where you knew joy and happiness.
She smiled, held my hands. She whispered. Some people cannot be saved. We are shipwrecked and alone. Don't worry Johnnie. I have danced the Devil's dance and I will accept my place. 
I left her holding another whiskey and I prays to the rising moon. Please lord of life and death. Be kind to my pretty Peggy.
Dancing Coyote

© 2022 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"As he thinketh in his heart, so is he." When a person is convinced they are down and out, even the most heroic of efforts to save them will fall short. Reading this one was painful. It is tragic to see one who was once so full of life now on a downhill course. But she alone could save herself.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I agree John. I have known a few people who drink alone, die alone. Thank you for reading and the co.. read more



Reviews

This one touched home on a very sad note. An old love called my neighbor. When I didn't have a phone I left his number for emergencies only. He called me over, said you got a call, from this girl...she sounded like she was high or drunk. She left a number for me to call. It was to the hospital but my call came too late. She had passed away. She died of cancer. I never got to say goodbye. That's what this reminded me of. There are sad stories in every life I guess. You cared, you tried. Sometimes life has other plans for us all. Gently, F.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Yes Fabian. All of us tried to save someone and we couldn't. Thank you for reading and the comment m.. read more
your writing is so interesting and beautiful, full of love and romantic history in this one, well done my friend :)

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you dear Patricia. I appreciate the kind words.
Patricia

2 Years Ago

you are very welcome ;)
"As he thinketh in his heart, so is he." When a person is convinced they are down and out, even the most heroic of efforts to save them will fall short. Reading this one was painful. It is tragic to see one who was once so full of life now on a downhill course. But she alone could save herself.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I agree John. I have known a few people who drink alone, die alone. Thank you for reading and the co.. read more


I believe these words were wrestled from an aching heart .. very sad and oh' so very true .. beautiful, but .. there are those who for whatever reason or reasons will not be helped ... I have seen this happen many times ................. there is indeed beauty in the pain and longing depicted here Johnnie C


Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you Neville. Old wise saying. You must save yourself.
Neville

2 Years Ago


................... you can beat a drum, but true words spoken wisely can't be beat N :)
read more
oh wow, Cayote, I love this one. I love the other one of Apache. I'm not Apache, but I love the world of Tulio, Apache God. I embrace this, because though not said directly, it sounds you met, and fell in love in more present moment, and she talked of past when it was present. Great Read! Great Scenario! Great, Great dear, I love the video, nice song, nice acting, nice illusion, dear :D

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you knighngale. I am 1/2 Ojibwa. I appreciate the comment.
knighngale

2 Years Ago

oh i see, well ojbwa to you too lol :D
I could have written this to my old girlfriend, Cindy.

Still love her and wish her well although that would not be with me.
I really enjoyed this piece, Coyote.
j.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Hello Jacob. I believe most of us have someone we loved and love couldn't be. Thank you for reading .. read more
Hey bro it's been awhile since ive read your work I'm not much into story because I'm not good at it, you have always been great in what you do but I pass on comments because I'm new to this but I always enjoy your work.
Thank you for sharing.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you Mauricio. You are a great writer. You could write a outstanding epic take.
Mauricio Montoya

2 Years Ago

Thanks for that, you take care.
If your words are true, this one wasn't on you. Some hearts are just never meant to join. It's sad that she chose that life. There is much beauty in the world. And you sound like an incredible guide. War is not all you have seen. You have seen the greatest woman of all: Dame Nature herself.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I agree M. J. Smith. The sea and the forest. Perfect beauty.
It sounds as though you have scattered a few broken hearts and consumed your share of whiskey
Ain't life grand

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I was a soldier for a long time. Women like the soldiers. We must leave them and they are free again.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 19, 2022
Last Updated on March 19, 2022

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fate Fate

A Poem by Arundass TP