All We Have Become

All We Have Become

A Poem by Chris Shaw
"

( dark, yes dark)

"
we reside in threatening times 
where spores of hate mutate
to spread wide their evil eye

where song birds choke on smoke
black acrid menacing a mean trail
drifting into oblivion's winding path

rubble piles high in cities bombed
blasted to kingdom come children
half starved oozing weeping skin 

rancid breath the reaper sweeps in
for deaths deadliest destruction
those remaining bleeding in pain

the heart of humanity has gone
it settles down with a crying sun
as this global glum world unfurls

discharging its misery for all to see
in the media on tv plastered, our
disaster of all we have become

© 2021 Chris Shaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think it is easy to forget the light is there. I also think it is easy for humanity to forget that we are all in this together. It starts with self, but in these times, that starting with self must be damned dynamic to shake those sleeping awake to smell the roses, see the sun rise, feel it's shine and remember each moment is a miracle, each experience a blessing. Your words are strong, the times we live in reflect that.

Much much love X

Posted 2 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

2 Years Ago

Thank you KWP. Your thoughts welcome and very much appreciated. All the best to you x



Reviews

It feels like we are in such dark times and it is hard to see the light that we know must be there

Posted 1 Month Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

4 Weeks Ago

Harder to find the light these days for sure Anita. Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate you.
.. read more
(in the media on tv plastered, our disaster of all we have become) So sad yet so true. Great descriptive writing. ~Sharon

Posted 1 Month Ago


Chris Shaw

4 Weeks Ago

Thank you dear Sharon. Hope life is being kind to you. I appreciate your thoughts.

C.. read more
I couldn't agree more with this but perhaps couldn't plead its case so well.

Posted 1 Month Ago


Chris Shaw

4 Weeks Ago

Thank you Ken. Have a great Wednesday.

Chris
Tremendous work, Chris. Powerful and poignant. Very well crafted.

Posted 1 Month Ago


Chris Shaw

4 Weeks Ago

Pleased you enjoyed this one Thomas. Thank you so much.

Chris
True poem with lot of facts. Excellent writing 👍

Posted 1 Month Ago


Chris Shaw

4 Weeks Ago

Thank you my friend. I appreciate you.

Chris
Although the theme of 19th and 20th century was mostly black, white & gray, in these days that everything has become colorful, the true darkness resides.
You said many of the words I've failed to say in the language of poetry. Salute to you dear Chris.
I hope you're having a great(I hope it to be even better than great) times with your family.
Best wishes
Nima

Posted 1 Month Ago


Chris Shaw

4 Weeks Ago

Dear Nima, lovely to find a review from you my friend. Take good care of yourself. Fond regards. read more
What we have become indeed! Such awful cruelty and such misery inflicted on the innocent and in my personal view, due mostly to self serving politics and so-called religious differences.

If he really is watching from above, then surely a thunderbolt cannot be far away; then again, the way we are treating this wonderful planet ours, means we have already pushed the self destruct button.

Beccy.

Posted 1 Month Ago


Chris Shaw

4 Weeks Ago

I share your thoughts dear Beccy. Thank you so much for stopping by. Good to have a visit from you. .. read more
I know people who are vulnerable keep on getting exploited, but how long, dont you have courtesy atleast for exploiting the weaker sections, i know rich people attitude, exploit poor can then only become rich. I know who is exploiting whom. How he and me are being exploited. You are and everyone scared of god, but for what you indeed exploting that god itself thinking he or she is weaker.
I dont have avukath to say or talk to millionairss, my level is upto your watchman who are innocents and take care of their owners. But try to think how much you break people till they die and never want to be grateful to them and return what tbey havd done for you.

Chris these are my thoughts. I see wicked exploit weaker thinkng they are incapable.

I am fine, if doesnt mean i can sleep with anyone you make me to sleep with your watchman or anyone who wants to sleep with me. I have been listening and thinking of him, i am not like opening my heart every other, so you all let me out. I dont care, i have my beliefs if i trusted and truely loved he will definitely come for me. Be courteus being rich in heart not in material things.

Jessy jacob.

Posted 1 Month Ago


hi chris, how are you doing? dont worry, no one will be threatened, God is fierceful but not dangerous. He will take care of everything silently, please i have prayers chanting every day, we will and everyone will be fine and never doing mistake again and not hurt anyone.

with love,
jessy jacob,
a purple heart.

Posted 1 Month Ago


Maybe next time the new 'modern' civilization will get it right. Or at least do it slightly less worse under the circumstance.

Posted 1 Month Ago


Chris Shaw

4 Weeks Ago

Let!s hope so. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Chris

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1370 Views
63 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 9, 2021
Last Updated on May 9, 2021

Author

Chris Shaw
Chris Shaw

Berkshire, United Kingdom



About
Albert, my paternal grandfather introduced me to Tennyson when I was nine. I have loved poetry ever since but did not attempt writing a single piece until I was 40. It's never too late to try somethin.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..