Forever..

Forever..

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Election day blues.. Love is a mad man dream.

"
Forever..
I didn't know. We were liars in the midnight dance of love.
We wanted to taste everything, we wanted to feel everything.
I didn't know love would be forgotten.
Words become, just words. Worthless.
We were young and you were the most beautiful woman I ever seen.
We devours touch, we devours kisses till we could not.
We said words, we made promises, we could not keep.
I remember you told me.
I will love you forever.
We didn't know forever was, just the liar's prayer of wishes.
We had the Bacchus wine and a million kisses.
Today the lonely poet wrote.
He didn't know. Love sweet, love kind. Can be forgotten.
Love passionate is for the young and the hopeful in heart.
Not for the old poets. 
Coyote

© 2022 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

When we are young we lack the experience of life. I am sure that when those words were said in the height of passion, they were meant. Forever is a long time. We understand the neani g better as we age. Thank you dear Coyote for your poetry. Happy Sunday.

Chris

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Happy Sunday dear Chris and I agree. Thank you for reading and the comment.



Reviews

Hello Coyote. Thanks for this. It is often a monologue about the corrupt nature of politics. Yes, I too am dismayed. Press on? Write on, at least :) Politicians definitely prey on the naïve.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Brad Dehler

1 Year Ago

Often a monologue following many elections that is. *sigh*
Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

This election did me in. No change. No party won and we have more year of messy leadership. Thank yo.. read more
Brad Dehler

1 Year Ago

Absolutely. I feel the same
soulful coyote Man ... old poets are for remembering ;)))))) love the blues of this one .. emotive for me sir!
E.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Hello Einstein. We do remember and thank you for reading and the comment.
Hi there,
I really enjoyed reading this poem. I read it awhile ago and just now reread it...
There is so much truth to your words..
I just loved it...
Old poets.. but we never forget..
Lisa

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Yes dear Lisa. We do not forget and thank you for reading and the comment.
Lisasview

1 Year Ago

You are most welcome.
Forever is the liar’s prayer of wishes-

no poet, living or dead, could have said this better. Congratulations.

Winston

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you Winston for reading and the kind words.
Emily Dickinson said that words had the power to kill and also the power to heal.
we live our lives and find that is so true.
I think your poetry has the power to heal....So many of us read you and relate to
the very real human condition you always speak of in your poems, Coyote.
Just a realness....
j.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you Jacob. Us, who love to write, to create. Always dancing in our thoughts for things that we.. read more
"We didn't know forever was, just the liar's prayer of wishes."
When young and in love, forever rolls off so easily from our tongues. There is sincerity of purpose and a confidence that we can carry our promises through. Little knowing how time shall put our promises and out fortitude to test.

You have encapsulated the essence of youthful love so perfectly in this poem. The touches, kisses and the wine makes everything appear eternal and little would we imagine how life wil play out it's ugly realities and make liars of all of us.

The concluding line is something I vehemently agree with, passion doesn't last, like spirits, it evaporates from the bottle, with age.

My compliments on the great poem, dear Coyote.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you dear Divya. Love changes. Now I have five grandchildren and I was blessed with the kindnes.. read more
DIVYA

1 Year Ago

You are wished unending love and joy always, my friend.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Very true words, my friend.

When young and in love, we are overcome by the rich, sweeping emotions of love and make so many promises to the one we admire. Unfortunately time becomes a great leveller to any grandiose declarations; promises can be forgotten and love wilts on an empty vine. Those that are not touched by love again in their older years are left to languish alone. A sad circumstance but a widespread one, too.

We just have to make those declarations when young and try our best to nurture them until we take our final breath. It's easier said than done. Your election day blues are certainly coming through in your words here. Politics can do that to anyone. It's not very inspiring nowadays.

I enjoyed your musing here, my friend. As they say though, "better to have loved, than never loved at all".

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

I agree Doodley. Life is always teaching us. A waste of a election. The Congress and Senate is the s.. read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 9, 2022
Last Updated on November 10, 2022

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Spirited Spirited

A Poem by Chris Shaw