The empty jars..

The empty jars..

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just thinking too much.

"
The empty jars..


I watched her in the kitchen organizing the empty mason jars and empty bottles.
She told me on a cold Winter morning,
I store my dreams in the old mason jars.
Each one is filled with light and darkness.
Each one filled with leaves, letters or flowers.
Each one holding a memory.
I will need to hold one day again.

She organized the old empty whiskey bottles.
She filled them with the sand from the Pacific.
She stared at them and she told me.
The whiskey bottles are leftover memories,
I cannot forget. I put sand into them to remind me.
I had befriended the sea and we have drank too much whiskey.

She talks to the ravens and she whispered secret to them and the quiet night.
She adored the singing owls and the owls whisper to her. Tales of miracles.
She told me tonight.
No death tonight the owl told me.
it is time to escape into the night and find the sea.
Create more memories for my mason jars..
Dancing Coyote

© 2023 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
Empty jars, filled with memories...
You know as we grow older, our memories fades and I wonder I should have save those notes long before I forgotten about them... So keep it up my friend, so that these notes are your golden histories to tell your generation ahead...

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

We hope Pax and thank you for reading and the wonderful comment.



Reviews

This is such a beautiful and sentimental write! My mom taught me to use old jars for a lot of odd things too. I store pencils that are too small, my hair clips, broken/extra buttons and so many other things in them. She was probably taught by her mom who'd keep her sewing stuff in metallic biscuit boxes. Maybe it's something that passes down matrilineally lol.

I loved the line "I put sand into them to remind me.
I had befriended the sea and we have drank too much whiskey."
Thanks for sharing!

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you dear Moonie for reading and the comment. We do copy our mentors.
the ache of your poetry never fails to enthrall me John. The pain is always so naked, and yet there is always an underlying hope sprinkled throughout that resonates. A gentle reminder that from sorrow and angst light can shine through if we allow it to.
another superb write my friend

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you Ken for reading and the comment. Nice to keep our memories in a safe place.
What a wonderful way to hold memories, in jars and bottles. This is a beautiful write Coyote and one that I will always remember. Thank you for posting. Have a lovely day.

Chris

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you dear Chris. I liked the story of the Sendler, the woman who saved over 2000 children. She .. read more
Chris Shaw

1 Year Ago

Dear Coyote, somewhere in my archives, I have written about her too. Awesome woman.
Those who are wise and love life know that till there is life, there is a chance to go on creating more memories to fill those mason jars. Life is not something that comes to a standstill once a number of years is crossed. Life is a flow never ending, till the very last breath and one must continue to partake of the miracle. Even death is defeated by those who cherish life. Once again, you fill me with such awe and joy with the sheer positivity of your words. I loved this story, its imagery and its lingering touch upon my spirit. Kudos dear Coyote!

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you dear Divya. I appreciate the positive comment.
Wow! this write was something that touched me deep as I read each word, it as though the words painted a picture of me on the beach filling old jars with sand for my memories ;-] Lovely and a favorite.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Thank you dear friend. My dear grandmother always had the masons jars. I appreciate the kind words.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 5, 2023
Last Updated on April 5, 2023

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Awaken Awaken

A Poem by Lisasview