I knew we were running and escaping love touch in the same second..

I knew we were running and escaping love touch in the same second..

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Old muse is alive..

"
I knew we were running and escaping love touch in the same second.
( If we do not kiss. Will I miss the kiss?)
I went to Ann Arbor looking for a memory and I knew. Our memories become bad jokes with time added.
I sat at the Mall Irish Pub and I saw a face. Now a older face and still a beautiful face.
I sat near her and I saw her staring at a gin and tonic. Her eyes heavy with the burden of living. 
She didn't know my old face and I asked her. Can I reload the empty drink? She turned and she looked at me hard.
And she smiled and she asked me. You remind me of someone, I once knew.
I smiled and I told her. Was it a good someone? Was it a good memory? She answered me.
Johnnie, Johnnie. You damn poets like to create confusion and she embraced me tightly.
I told her. She held her beauty and how are you? Did you find your happiness, did you touch your dreams.
She took my hands and she held my hands tightly. I remember us. We were running and escaping love
in the same second. I remember we were so young and we loved with gladness. We knew already.
We needed pleasure to awake our minds. Johnnie, did you find your wars? Did you see everything you
needed to see?
I reached over and I kissed here forehead, I kissed her face-cheek and her lips. I told her.
I found the seven seas, I climbed the mountains of Asia, Europe and the America. I stood
in the clouds and I remembered you.
She laughed at my words and she told me. I learn too late. Gentleness, kindness and friendship
is rarely known. We were babies and we were aloof at the disappointment of life. I found
happiness and I had found sadness. I am glad you are here with me. I need a good day.
I told her. I saw the world. I saw the ugly and I saw so many beautiful things. Once dear Jennifer, we were
lured by the kiss, the long dance. We were mirrored souls seeking a flame of the need of the flesh.
We forgot, the veil of heaven can be trickery. I was a old soul and you were a hurricane. I knew,
I went blindly with you to a impossible place for us to know.
I tried to memorize her hazel eyes, her ginger hair resting on her shoulders. Her bare legs were tanned
and strong still. I told her. I knew we were running and escaping in the same second. And I remember.
everything. I remember you laying nude on my small bed and I would kiss your stomach. I would
listen to your great dreams. She smiled. My dreams got lost and a divorce and three children. Now
my dreams are small. My little dreams is to know peace and feel clean again.
I brought her into my arms and I whispered to her. We will macabre as angels, we will macabre as devils.
We will know joy and we will know sadness. Today I am the midnight writer and I have five grandchildren.
I do not need a lot no-more. I don't travel no-more and I adore the Lake St. Clair. Dear Jennifer.
Life is small victories and knowing love. I know you are a wonderful mother.
She laughed at my words and she asked me. Can we be friends? Did I break your heart, one too many times?
I kissed her lips and I told her. We tried three times and I would not trade one memory away. I have our
photos from Monterey. I was Doc Holliday and you were my Kate. I knew when you left me at the San Francisco
airport in 1991. Our love could never be. You were a mama and I was a soldier. I was Winter and your were a beautiful
Summer day. 
Jennifer laughed at my words and she told me. Been 32 years since we talked and you can still make me smile.
I need you John. I need someone who is kind to me and they will listen to me. I feel alone in my world.
I brought her close and I told her. I am retired now and I would love to meet your family. We can return to
Port Austin. Drink wine and we can watch the Lake Huron. We can create new bridges for us. She smiled and
she asked me. I believe I am Winter now and you are the Summer. Can we be friends?
I told her. Life is fair. We find what we need with time. You and I are older and wiser. It is your decision
Jennifer. You were the best part of my life in the past and we can decide the future. We need more friends,
we need more good days and we need the laughter of our children. I have few friends. I believe I love writing
and reading more than people. She laughed at my words and she asked me. Can you take me to the river and we can sit and talk?
I told her. Yes dear Jennifer. A beautiful warm May-day and we need to escape the tavern. She smiled and we left the Irish Pub. Walking like two old lovers seeking salvation. Maybe forgiveness.
Dancing Coyote

© 2024 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wistful memories. You have a way of looking with such acceptance of the past that it is reassuring and gives a sense of peace and harmony to the world about you. This is a gift that few have. Your writing is inspirational for those that are down cast.

Posted 2 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Months Ago

We must be kind to each other Soren. Thank you my friend for reading and the comment.



Reviews

even if we can just touch the dreams...feel them against our skin...just for a fleeting moment, is life worth it?

Posted 2 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Months Ago

I agree Jacob. And thank you for reading and the comment. In dreams, we can win sometimes.
Wistful memories. You have a way of looking with such acceptance of the past that it is reassuring and gives a sense of peace and harmony to the world about you. This is a gift that few have. Your writing is inspirational for those that are down cast.

Posted 2 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Months Ago

We must be kind to each other Soren. Thank you my friend for reading and the comment.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
3 Reviews
Added on February 22, 2024
Last Updated on February 22, 2024

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing