The hanging tree..

The hanging tree..

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

April, poetry month number eleven. Sometimes. We cannot win, sometimes. We are not allowed to know kindness. The gift of love had forgotten us. Or maybe we have forgotten love?

"
The hanging tree...
In 1991, I needed nothing, I wanted nothing. I was seeking the good death.
A pretty lady with the saddest eyes in Michigan, she asked me. What are seeking Johnnie?
You want death and the hanging tree is always waiting for us,
wanting and needing nothing. Death will find us.
I told her, sweet lady, kind lady. We are just flesh and bones seeking the flesh,
seeking the whiskey and waiting for death to take us. We have turned cold, so damn cold.
We don't seek love, no-more.
Once I search for God,
once I searched for the Devil.
I learn, we can't change a world,
that doesn't want to be changed.
The world is seeking death and the good things are hanging in silence
on the hanging tree.
She was still a beauty and I could see in her eyes. Hopeful glances,
that I could make her smile. Her eyes filled with the heaviness of sadness,
her voice begging for pieces of kindness.
We could talk and when the whiskey kicked in and we would find the cheap motel.
She would whisper to me. Please be kind, please make me believe. 
I am special, I am beautiful.
We would found each other on the loneliness of night,
tried to create passion with whiskey kisses and we grasped at tenderness.
I told her on a September night. We cannot be.
You have a life and I cannot steal you away.
Somehow we found the place where we are seeking the hanging tree.
Where we cannot be. I a sorry my dear love.
We are reaching for a miracle, that cannot be.
I saw in her eyes. I taught her. Love wasn't her blessing.
I remember our last kisses and her hunger to know the kindness of gentle hands.
She left Michigan and she found the hanging tree in Nevada.
Love had broke her and she gave in to the drugs and greed.
She died alone.
In 1993, I went to Reno and I found the hanging tree.
I sat by a lonely grave and I told the night.
Please kind friend, please my kind lover.
I pray you found peace.
Coyote

© 2024 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

For many people life is not kind and terrible things happen along the way causing depression, alcohol and drug use to try to numb the pain and misery only creating more.

This is a sad story of two lost souls trying to find a bit of happiness and tenderness that shall not be between the two and later ends in tragedy of someone giving into the hanging tree.

Posted 2 Weeks Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Poetic Beauty

2 Weeks Ago

I have had probably five friends from my childhood and teen years meet the hanging tree. Drug use is.. read more
Coyote Poetry

2 Weeks Ago

I agree my friend. I have lost four brother to drugs and alcohol. Died young.
Poetic Beauty

2 Weeks Ago

It’s never easy



Reviews

For many people life is not kind and terrible things happen along the way causing depression, alcohol and drug use to try to numb the pain and misery only creating more.

This is a sad story of two lost souls trying to find a bit of happiness and tenderness that shall not be between the two and later ends in tragedy of someone giving into the hanging tree.

Posted 2 Weeks Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Poetic Beauty

2 Weeks Ago

I have had probably five friends from my childhood and teen years meet the hanging tree. Drug use is.. read more
Coyote Poetry

2 Weeks Ago

I agree my friend. I have lost four brother to drugs and alcohol. Died young.
Poetic Beauty

2 Weeks Ago

It’s never easy

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
1 Review
Added on April 11, 2024
Last Updated on April 11, 2024

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing