Sacrifice and blasphemy

Sacrifice and blasphemy

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Freedom is very costly.

"
                                     FREEDOM

                            I will never forget freedom.
                            Just promise
                            Please promise
                            That you never forget me.

                            (By Poet Dorene Oliver
                            Dedicated to missed friends.)


                   
                        Sacrifice and blasphemy



              Sitting alone in a grave yard.
              By a  missed friend grave. 
              Traces of a good man are still left..
              Forgotten among the wild northern Michigan flowers.


              I remained with him and I lose myself.
              I'm tire.
              I'm tame and sober.
              Trying to remember  my friend  face.


              I remember he loved WWF.
              I remember he loved Bud light.
              I remember he loved his two girls.

              My spirit had eroded.
              Veterans come home.
              Broken in heart and spirit.
              They are isolated and misread.  


              Veteran Hospitals.
              Sparse in funds.

             
              Sent soldiers home with prescriptions.


              Tragedy of War.
              Leave shells of men.
              Reflecting on deeds done.


              Shameless Senators and House Representatives.
              Give billions for guns and death.


              Tarnish young men and woman.
              Wallow in misery.
               

              They will rise up.
              Revive their hopes.


              Hear voices of missed comrades.
              Must go forward.
              For their friends who cannot go on.


              My friend's smile and laughter I remember.
              He would tell me.
              Get up dumb a*s.
              You be alright.


              Please remember the soldiers.
              Over 300,000 Soldier are standing tall for us.


              Remember Veterans on election day.
              Vote out these Senators and House representative.
              Who don't support the returning Veterans.
 
                               Coyote

© 2010 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
I still go the nearest bar and drink one beer a month to lost friends. They are missed by me and their family.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

How felt, touching tribute and remembrance! You are true when you say...
"Tragedy of War.
Leave shells of men.
Reflecting on deeds done.

Shameless Senators and House Representatives.
Give billions for guns and death."

and

"Please remember the soldiers.
Over 300,000 Soldier are standing tall for us.

Remember Veterans on election day.
Vote out these Senators and House representative.
Who don't support the returning Veterans."

Its our moral duty to remember them, their families and make them remembered too... who gave their most precious thing - their lives - for us to live happily and peacefully!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

wow...very depressing. i hate that you have to make a concentrated effort to remember the traits of a friend that has passed. great job on the poem and good message, even though i'm sad now

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I've got a really close friend in the army, and some buddies from school who have gone into the military. I appreciated this and think you did an amazing job constructing the feelings of loss into this work.

Maybe someday someone will succeed in ensuring peace, i pray to see that day before my days are at an end.

So, here's cheers to those who've come and gone before us.


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

truly inspiring...this shows how much someone should give thanks to those in our past memory for what they had done for us..yes indeed they should be celebrate....

Epic poem

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A fantastic poem Coyote... Vetrens are the forgotten casualties of war.. I myself as a mark of respect to those who have fought always give a minutes silence on Anzac day (I am an Australian) and also remembrance day... We all need to rember and give thanks to those who have not only given their lives so that we may live in comfort and peace but also those who have come home as a shadow of their former selves... They need all the help we can give them...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

mainly uneccessary sacrifice in wars fomented for political reasons.When kings led their armies personally into battle. They wwere much more liable to negotiate to solve their differences
I remember my lost comrades but I don't set aside a special day.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very sad .... epitaph of a beautiful poem dedicated to the fallen soldiers and veterans.Good job!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this. It opens your eyes to the reality of the world. Men and woman lose their lives and we sit back and dont even give it a second thought. We take for granted how great their sacrifice is.

Wonderful write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
Your missed friends would be proud of your efforts, I'm certain. You continue to serve well for your fellow veterans... even those you know not. Their stories and yours deserve to be heard. Demand that they be heard. These sinators and rapersintativers pillage the people of their souls, and give back nothing but lies, and misery. Thank you for sharing such an important message. Most importantly, for voicing what is seldom heard... the soldier's side of the story. God Bless you, Coyote.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I truely agree with this. Our soliders need more respect than they are getting. I only hope that people would remember that these souls put their life on the line for us. they should have all the props. great write Coyote, keep them coming.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1682 Views
59 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on February 25, 2010
Last Updated on March 22, 2010

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing