Peace

Peace

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Please listen to the video. His words mean more today then 29 years years ago.

"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpO0lsTQSs0


                   Peace

There is a name for war and killing.
There is a name for giving in.
There is another name for war.
The name is sin.
There is still time to turn things around.
Make all hatred cease.
Give another name to living.
Call it peace.
                 John Denver
                   1982



                      Peace

My poor baby.
Daddy loved you so.
Gun are roaring loud and near.

I have prayed to the Gods for peace.
I asked Jesus to protect the child.
I  pray to the Great spirit of life to bring wisdom to our leaders.

I sat and prayed yesterday with a Muslim man.
We cry together for the death of so many.
Then we pray together for peace.

I stood in the great valleys and asked for help.
I pray to the sea for peace and calm.

Men believe they are safe when war is far away.
When war is the purpose of a great land.
War is always near.

My baby.
War is man's great sin.
His hunger to control and show no kindness.
It is greed and hate.

Borders may separate countries.
But with each death in war.
A flame of life is lost.

Could the flame put out by hate and violence.
Been the spirit to lead us away from our hatred and greed.


                     Coyote
                   2011



© 2012 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Men and woman of peace we need. I hope you listen to a great man that is missed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

And that is just the thing isn't it love? People at war who actually sit down and talk to the supposed "enemy" often cry about the state of corruption and sadness! This made me tearful...you have an awesome open heart and mind...peace is something that seems farther away each day...but positive thinking can bring it around....non compliance to unjust laws...etc...awesome work love! xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is well said. we do believe we are safe when the war isn't on our own land. We tend to turn our heads and pretend it isn't happening but every day men and women put their lives on the line and for what? I am not sure. Peace would be a beautiful thing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Meaningful poem. Our world can't get enough peace!
Love the pictures and the video too!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

First off, a truly amazing quote that brought a deep sadness to me. The sheer honesty of it makes me want to pray to whatever I could pray to. And the same goes for your poem. To sit with a Muslim man and realize that your spectrums aren't as opposite as the world would conclude them to be. As a guy who lives for experience, I wish I could spend a day in those shoes and be captivated and brought to tears by world I would otherwise never know. However, I'm blessed as blessed can be and I may never have to strap up, experience war first-hand, and write a poem such as yours to my future son or daughter. Thank you for this and I can't wait to read it again and again in times of thought or need.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A wonderfully powerful piece. Thank you for this one. I agree John Denver wrote some beautiful music and his words remain with us today.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a real good piece. I like that you target the issues that most ppl tend to stray away from. Always a pleasure:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this because our views of war are very similar. I really liked this poem,much like your other ones you showed me! Good job Coyote, once again.:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i'm glad there are others out there who shares my views on war, thank your for sharing :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

" there is no way to peace - peace is the way "
Gandhi

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Nice poem with a great message, humble and pure, well done...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is so wonderful...I am a person who do not condone war, but am appreciative of what those who have gone to war have done for the sake of those they know not at the expense of their own family....But if we all just followed what the Christ said in his Sermon on the MOUNT there would be no need for war, and in His coming Kingdom that Peace and Security that we all need and desire shall be there....

Once again you are amazing with your humanity......I so enjoy your work and your entity.....

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


12
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2752 Views
120 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on August 6, 2011
Last Updated on February 3, 2012

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..