Bright Burns The Flame

Bright Burns The Flame

A Poem by Austin Cates


We are not meant to fizzle out in a mediocre puff of smoke, my love, and I do not plan to. I will shine brighter than the sun itself as I scorch this earth with adventure.

There is no point in living the same day for all your years, it breeds naught but complacency. Nay, we should strive to make every day fear the one before it!

I do not desire a mundane life, and I know your heart beats in the same fashion. We can conquer the mundane, we need only the will to step forward.

These restless bones ache for places mankind has never been, and these eager eyes yearn to witness magnificence.

I can travel alone, but truth would not side with me if I said I preferred to. Take my hand, my dear, accompany me towards the immortality of a life worth living.

We can waltz across the tallest peaks, inhaling the majesty with smiles painted across our lips. Let us jaunt through scattered showers and shrug away thoughts of ill favor.

Reckless be our hearts, devouring the world with a tumultuous fervor. Free be our minds, open to all options before us.

Should the road become weary as grey finally streaks through our hair, like comets shooting through the void, we may finally plant roots with peace.

As though we once knew wheeze their last breath through a haze of monotony, we will exhale with the brilliance of a dying star.

What say you, darling? Shall we give the poets something to etch into notebooks for years to come?

© 2015 Austin Cates


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on December 10, 2015
Last Updated on December 10, 2015
Tags: love, adventure, excitement, life

Author

Austin Cates
Austin Cates

Bakersfield, CA



About
Just a simple guy, bleeding words and sewing the wounds with frayed thread. more..

Writing
Mom Mom

A Poem by Austin Cates


Choice Choice

A Poem by Austin Cates