Preface

Preface

A Chapter by Opal

Truffle: A small brown edible type of fungi discovered at the bottom of trees, often seen as a delicacy.
For twenty three years I sat by watching my youth slowly slip away from me, although I had the resources to have everything I wanted there was one thing I was missing out on that money only played a small role in, life.
On my twenty third birthday I made  a decision, to put a stop to the life of vanity and dullness I was living and create a knew one. I was going to finally leave the nest, but not to just any tree, to the most amazing tree in the whole wide world,  I was going to land in New York City. 
At first my parents thought I was crazy, my whole life I had never shown and trait of independence everything I ever had to do was either with someone else accompanying me or I couldn't do it at all.
 My name is Rosie Truffle, you may recognize my name, in fact you may even have it sitting in your fridge rotting as we speak. Twenty years ago my two parents started a company called Truffles, "The only fungi that will have your mouth watering". And yes before you ask,  I was the little three year old girl with the giant buck teeth and uncontrollable freckles with the one liner that captured the hearts of everyone, "If you're not satisfied one hundred percent money back guarantee". Our product sold well, it didn't make us billions but it certainly paid the bills.


© 2012 Opal


Author's Note

Opal
Please let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on July 2, 2012
Last Updated on July 2, 2012
Tags: Chapter One, Truffle, Comedy, Satire, Love, Sex, New York


Author

Opal
Opal

Melbourne, Australia



About
My name is Opal, i love writing and i aspire to write novels or at least publish them. I have been reading my whole life, but it wasn't until the beginning of my adolescence that i began to write. .. more..

Writing
Chapter One: Joe Chapter One: Joe

A Chapter by Opal


Chapter Two: Sarah Chapter Two: Sarah

A Chapter by Opal


The People The People

A Book by Opal